Gt350 all season tires

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Hellcat Charger, 2020 mustang GT
Does anyone know any good all season tires for my gt350.I daily it and just want something nice. I’ll switch to the tires it came with when I take it to the track.
Sponsored

JSong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JWS
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know any good all season tires for my gt350.I daily it and just want something nice. I’ll switch to the tires it came with when I take it to the track.

Micheline Sport 4 I was told are great. or Sport 4S

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Micheline Sport 4 I was told are great. or Sport 4S
That's a summer only.

Why all season? There's plenty of summer only tires that have a great ride and don't wear out super fast. Continental ExtremeContact Sport

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
1st - How cold does it get over there?

Sponsored

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
Depending on where you live (snow no snow and temp range) Michelin sport 4S will work fine. not a true all season tire but a good tire for all seasons in a moderate climate .

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
How fortuitous! I was just going to post about All Season tires!! I have a new 2019 GT350 with the Cup 2's. They are good tires for the track, but they tramline like a mother on regular public roads and after three week and 1000 miles, I'm getting rid of them. Not only do they tramline by hunting/seeking all over any irregularities in the roadways, but they have caused the steering resistance/effort to be quite high. I changed the steering effort to Comfort mode and the steering still requires more heft in physical inputs then I'm used to. We have a new BMW 340I and it's steering effort is perfect. Anyway...I will be driving the GT350 during the winter months when the roads are clear and free of salt deposits, so the Cup 2's were going to go anyway, as they are a "summer only" tire and turn to hockey pucks when temps drop below 50 degrees. It is simply dangerous to drive "summer only" tires in cooler temperatures. I have a tire dealer friend who provides lots of racing tires and also shaves competition tires for SCCA drivers etc. so he's very knowledgeable. I asked him to find me an All Season tire that would come as close as possible to the OEM Cup 2's size and also not adversely effect the speedometer's accuracy. This is what he recommended and they are on the car now. Fronts: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's in 275/40/19 size. Rears: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus N-spec in 285/40/19 size. These tires come very close to the width and height of the OEM tires and the Tramlining is totally gone!!! Yay!! I now have the steering mode set at sport and it's resistance/feed back is very acceptable. So the Cup 2's made for a steering experience that was not positive for me and the A/S 3's on the front and rear completely changed the steering and feel of the car which is a big improvement. It still goes through the corners like a Porsche and I really don't notice any degradation in cornering limitation or any mid apex break away. It's a win win for me. Hope this helps you in your decision process!

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
How fortuitous! I was just going to post about All Season tires!! I have a new 2019 GT350 with the Cup 2's. They are good tires for the track, but they tramline like a mother on regular public roads and after three week and 1000 miles, I'm getting rid of them. Not only do they tramline by hunting/seeking all over any irregularities in the roadways, but they have caused the steering resistance/effort to be quite high. I changed the steering effort to Comfort mode and the steering still requires more heft in physical inputs then I'm used to. We have a new BMW 340I and it's steering effort is perfect. Anyway...I will be driving the GT350 during the winter months when the roads are clear and free of salt deposits, so the Cup 2's were going to go anyway, as they are a "summer only" tire and turn to hockey pucks when temps drop below 50 degrees. It is simply dangerous to drive "summer only" tires in cooler temperatures. I have a tire dealer friend who provides lots of racing tires and also shaves competition tires for SCCA drivers etc. so he's very knowledgeable. I asked him to find me an All Season tire that would come as close as possible to the OEM Cup 2's size and also not adversely effect the speedometer's accuracy. This is what he recommended and they are on the car now. Fronts: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's in 275/40/19 size. Rears: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus N-spec in 285/40/19 size. These tires come very close to the width and height of the OEM tires and the Tramlining is totally gone!!! Yay!! I now have the steering mode set at sport and it's resistance/feed back is very acceptable. So the Cup 2's made for a steering experience that was not positive for me and the A/S 3's on the front and rear completely changed the steering and feel of the car which is a big improvement. It still goes through the corners like a Porsche and I really don't notice any degradation in cornering limitation or any mid apex break away. It's a win win for me. Hope this helps you in your decision process!
Reptile!! THANK YOU so much for sharing this!! I've been waiting searching and searching for something other than a Summer only tire for the OEM 19 wheels. I live in Portland, OR where we get our fair share of rain and cold temperatures in the winter. I certainly won't be driving when it's especially bad to avoid the idiots out there - but I was hoping to find a tire to bring me more confidence after having my 15' GT with summer's cut loose on a 35 degree night (scary!). Are they mounted to the OEM wheels for the GT350? Would you mind sharing a picture of the front and back so I can see how they look?

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
Reptile!! THANK YOU so much for sharing this!! I've been waiting searching and searching for something other than a Summer only tire for the OEM 19 wheels. I live in Portland, OR where we get our fair share of rain and cold temperatures in the winter. I certainly won't be driving when it's especially bad to avoid the idiots out there - but I was hoping to find a tire to bring me more confidence after having my 15' GT with summer's cut loose on a 35 degree night (scary!). Are they mounted to the OEM wheels for the GT350? Would you mind sharing a picture of the front and back so I can see how they look?
Yes please do man! I’m prob going to get those exact tires because I’m so sick of the tramlining too!

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've had this exact setup on my GT350 since fall of 2016 - I run them between track days - and they're excellent. The 275/40 - 285/40 setup gives you a bit more ride height too, without it being noticeable. Super in the rain.

Looks like this:

20170805_152027 (2).jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
I've had this exact setup on my GT350 since fall of 2016 - I run them between track days - and they're excellent. The 275/40 - 285/40 setup gives you a bit more ride height too, without it being noticeable. Super in the rain.

Looks like this:

20170805_152027 (2).jpg
As far as in town and on the highway do I give up much performance?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As far as in town and on the highway do I give up much performance?
For just running around town and on the highway, they're fine - they've got about 80% of the grip of the MPSS tires - I measured it with my track data capture just for fun - and that means that for the most part you'll never know the difference. One thing that is different - they're quieter, particularly on the highway.

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I daily my R with Michelin sport 4S tires and they work great. I know these are summer tires but the grip in cold temps is phenomenal (28 - 32 degrees F). Zero tramline and great in the rain also ........... ;-)

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I run PS4s in summer and A/S 3 in colder temps. 2 sets of PP rims. Same sizes.

The PS4s are a great warm weather tire. Hard sidewall, quiet, and quick turn in feel.

The A/S 3s are significantly lazier turn in. Much smoother riding tire. Louder tire noise. The A/S 3 hook surprisingly well. Overall for winter they are an awesome tire. They are very predictable in hot or cold. Much more tire squeal closer to limits.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
For just running around town and on the highway, they're fine - they've got about 80% of the grip of the MPSS tires - I measured it with my track data capture just for fun - and that means that for the most part you'll never know the difference. One thing that is different - they're quieter, particularly on the highway.
Sweet what I like to hear!
Sponsored