Wanted: Review of 2015 2016 Ford Mustang ROUSH Hood Heat Extractors

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Hello. Has anyone installed the ROUSH Hood Heat Extractors in a 2015 GT? I'm wondering how much more water flows under the headliner? I often wonder on what components the water falls on to with my stock extractors, and how much more water the Roush extractors will add. Thanks
Sponsored

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
There's only one small hole in the hood for the heat extractors. Unless you cut out more holes, the other "vents" on aftermarket heat extractors are just for show, so won't cause any more water in the engine bay.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I have them on my car, a guy gave them to me for free. That's about what they're worth, the way there are they don't flow diddly for air. I took that pad thing off a long time ago, all the stuff you hear about it protecting the hood from heat is BS, it's probably more for sound control. My car is a track toy, only time it's on the road is to go to lapping days. Now that makes heat, and the paint still looks like new. There's a pretty pony under that pad thing so take it off.

I butchered them, opened the slots way up, not sure how effective they are because I already have a Race Louvers center vent that works magic for cooling and downforce.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
The holes in the hood are the same size in both heat extractors, the Roush just looks bigger based on more top vents. I get a lot of water in the hood liner but it seemed the same as when I had the GT. I'm wondering does any one make an after market liner that doesn't surround the hole? That would make life a lot simpler.
Sponsored