Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Heat soak is definitely an issue but I can tell you from personal experience that it is still plenty fast (even when heat soaked). I left the track one night and after about 7 runs I was still able to run neck and neck with a Z06 on the freeway up until about 120 and then he pulled a *little*. This was all done at a track and freeway in Mexico of course.
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Heat soak is definitely an issue but I can tell you from personal experience that it is still plenty fast (even when heat soaked). I left the track one night and after about 7 runs I was still able to run neck and neck with a Z06 on the freeway up until about 120 and then he pulled a *little*. This was all done at a track and freeway in Mexico of course.
He was heat soaked too LOL

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
biggest issue with the 2018+ roush is heat soak. they have show that these can make decent power for 1 pull. then lose a ton after that as the IATs shoot over 150+ and take a long time to come back down. which is compounded even more if you been driving all day to the race. then you want to compare an A10 to a manual...forget about it. the standing is that for 8K+ there are more efficient methods. But a low 11 sec NA car is pretty cheap in the A10
I called Roush on Monday and they have made a new LTR that is much larger to help solve the heat soak issues they've had.Any kit built after May 2019 has this new LTR.

Last edited:

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
LTR?

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Low temp radiator
Talk about service.. I didn't even post that and you answered!

*Edit

Another member on here has posted that they used the VMP radiator and it wasn't doing much.. Not sure I expect this new one to help much.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
My build got the new low temp radiator and my IAT's are very low, granted its coming out of winter here but I would think even in summer heat soak should not be that much of a problem now.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Talk about service.. I didn't even post that and you answered!

*Edit

Another member on here has posted that they used the VMP radiator and it wasn't doing much.. Not sure I expect this new one to help much.
That would be me. I doubt that the new Roush H/E will be a cure for heat soak. I'd want to see hard numbers from Roush before I upgrade.
Work starts tomorrow on the MFP phenolic spacers installation.
VMP-SUA040.2.jpg

Last edited:

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
How do you know which heat exchanger you received? I just bought my Roush supercharger in the beginning of July. It was dropped shipped from them. Does anybody have a pic of each to compare?

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How do you know which heat exchanger you received? I just bought my Roush supercharger in the beginning of July. It was dropped shipped from them. Does anybody have a pic of each to compare?
Check your build date on the packaging if possible. Like I said when I called i was told the change happened in May and anything built afterwards would have the new LTR.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I called Roush on Monday and they have made a new LTR that is much larger to solve the heat soak issues they've had.Any kit built after May 2019 has this new LTR.
Until they can get the intercooler out of the valley, which is smaller than its ever been with the introduction of DI for the 18-19 cars, they’re going to be pushing shit up hill.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Now obviously this is not for a Roush Blower with stock tune, etc... but I read this (not necessary good news either but...) on Palm Beach Dyno's page. Apparently someone has gone 9.9 with the Roush Maxed out on a 2018. Take this as you will :)

"Congratulations to Carlos Vera!! Carlos recently switched from a 2.65 Roush TVS to the Edelbrock 2.65 TVS. With the Roush blower maxed out, all Carlos could manage in the extreme South Florida heat was a 9.9 1/4 ET. The issue was extremely high IAT temps due to the small intercooler on the Roush. So Carlos decided to swap to the Edelbrock Performance Supercharger unit which uses the same 2.65 TVS Rotors but in a package put together by Edelbrock which includes a much better intercooler. The results speak for themselves! 9.30@150 first time to the track in similar conditions."

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Now obviously this is not for a Roush Blower with stock tune, etc... but I read this (not necessary good news either but...) on Palm Beach Dyno's page. Apparently someone has gone 9.9 with the Roush Maxed out on a 2018. Take this as you will :)

"Congratulations to Carlos Vera!! Carlos recently switched from a 2.65 Roush TVS to the Edelbrock 2.65 TVS. With the Roush blower maxed out, all Carlos could manage in the extreme South Florida heat was a 9.9 1/4 ET. The issue was extremely high IAT temps due to the small intercooler on the Roush. So Carlos decided to swap to the Edelbrock Performance Supercharger unit which uses the same 2.65 TVS Rotors but in a package put together by Edelbrock which includes a much better intercooler. The results speak for themselves! 9.30@150 first time to the track in similar conditions."
I read that a while back. The IAT2 temp got up to 200 on that pass. They pullied down to 14 psi, on E85. They made no changes to the I/C system, all Roush. If the phenolic spacers don't make a significant change in IAT2 I'll be putting on a VMP blower when it's released.
Sponsored