Sponsored

What Equipment package determined inclusion of Active Exhaust?

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
Beating a dead horse here....
If someone would just make some sporty TIPS to fit on all of who have AE, but want a better finish coming out of the horses Ass!
Sorry, my 2 cents.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Only if they show the window sticker or a pic staring right down into the exhaust. No other giveaways that I'm aware of.
Yeah, when I was shopping I got pretty good at ID-ing a few options just by way of the photos (like ACC controls on the steering wheel meant X, depending on year), and some are of course super obvious (like the Perf Pack, which also meant 3.55 rear gears). AE was a mystery item - it's one reason I flipped out when I found the sticker for the car I was shopping (dealer had a nice "car package" with everything in it) ... boom, AE! Smart and Safe! B&O! The deal just kept getting better :D

Just a tip, if you're searching on resources like cars.com or cargurus.com, determine the dealer, find the car on their site, they tend to link out to the sticker more than the aforementioned sites.

7YearAscent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I believe 2018's required at least 301A (not sure on trim for EBs) for AE and the 2019+ did not

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you’re looking at used 2018’s in person on a lot, of course you can look under the rear valance of the car. Look up at the end of the mufflers where the dual tips are located, you can see the actuators attached to the exterior of the muffler.

But my question arose for folks like myself who were searching for S550’s w/AE online...

Last edited:

Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I believe 2018's required at least 301A (not sure on trim for EBs) for AE and the 2019+ did not
That is correct. To have Active Exhaust as an available option requires at least the following trim levels per the 2018MY brochure:

EcoBoost = 101A

GT = 301A

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
That is correct. To have Active Exhaust as an available option requires at least the following trim levels per the 2018MY brochure:

EcoBoost = 101A

GT = 301A
Active Exhaust was not available on MY18 Ecoboost for any trim level. For MY18 GT, it required 301A or higher as a stand alone option.

Active Exhaust became available on MY19 Ecoboost, but requires 101A or higher as a stand alone option. It is available for MY19 GT for all trim levels as a stand alone option. It is standard equipment on the Bullitt.
Sponsored