Edelbrock E-force 2650. With 10R80 check in

Jeff T.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I bought the stage 1 Edelbrock kit, made 638whp in 7th(616whp in 6th; stock headers and cats still on the car), haven't had any complaints or issues to date. Edelbrock did send me a beta version of their TB and intake to test out before release and I've had pretty good success with it. Both me and my gf daily the car and she has no issues driving the car to and from work.

Power wise, the car pulls pretty strong, boost comes on really easy once you remove the nitrous pill from the bypass hose, I 'll be around half throttle making 6-7psi and easily pass almost anyone else on the road.

I haven't gone to the track yet since I'm still on stock half shafts, I do plan on it eventually once I buy some renegades half shafts. I also haven't dyno'd the car since adding the stage 2 TB and intake.
IMG_5677.jpg
What tune are you now running ??

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Hmm, I'm thinking I dig his setup. Do you if his tune has turned off the traction control etc ?
if you are looking to have all the nannies removed. There is a plug directly next to the air intake that you can pull to do so.

Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Does it? I've been running with it unplugged since I was last tuned a couple weeks ago and no limp mode yet.

Jeff T.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Does it? I've been running with it unplugged since I was last tuned a couple weeks ago and no limp mode yet.
I haven't experienced it myself. My mechanic Archangel Motorsports, told me they ran into that issue. So of course I took his word for it.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Yes, but you can not leave it unplugged. To many starts will with that code will put the car in limp mode.
I have never had that problem. Mine has been in the cupholder since 2017.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yes, but you can not leave it unplugged. To many starts will with that code will put the car in limp mode.
I have run unplugged for over 7 months with no limp mode. ?? Base non toggle car. Maybe that matters.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Hmm, is yours a 2018
Yes. Built May 2018. Toggle cars lose the drag mode on stock tune unplugged so they generally never pull the plug.

My tune has drag mode in S on shifter. Unplugged I get zero hesitations in lower gears and can drive through the squirm (light fish tailing).

I would think drag mode would be dangerous on a 700-800 plus whp car without a serious tire.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I have the stage 1 kit with Edelbrock tune. I can confirm that it is very conservative but it will pull very hard when you really get on it. Under normal conditions it feels stock and is very quiet. It's a great setup for a daily. I am feeling the itch for a more aggressive tune though. Soon. Real soon.

Jeff T.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have the stage 1 kit with Edelbrock tune. I can confirm that it is very conservative but it will pull very hard when you really get on it. Under normal conditions it feels stock and is very quiet. It's a great setup for a daily. I am feeling the itch for a more aggressive tune though. Soon. Real soon.

Yeah my point exactly..