Sponsored

What car has the most obnoxious drivers when you drive your S550.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
The worst one for me was on a main road on the edge of town, last light until the next town, the right lane must merge left in less than 100 yards. I'm in the left lane with the right of way and a Bubba in a crap Camaro at least 10 years old, mostly black primer, ass end raised, windows down and loud. I glanced over as he pulled up and gave him a polite 2 finger salute with my right hand and just looked at the light. As you might guess, he jumps at the light with everything, I didn't even release my brake as he damn near wiped himself out trying to beat me to the merge. Glad I waited.

You gotta pick your battles. I don't play on main roads at the edge of town.
Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don’t worry/care about people wanting to race because I love that shit. Now what I hate is left lane slow pokes. I’ll do whatever it takes to get away from (or in front of) anyone in a Subaru (wrx not included). For some reason they deliberately try to slow traffic down like its their job.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
On one of my regular drives, there's a spot where dump trucks pull out onto the road. God forbid they wait 3 seconds for me to go by, no, they have to pull out in front of me with their uncovered loads of gravel putting nuclear winter levels of particulates in the air.

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Question that always gets "Yes" answers: "Are you a good driver?" See the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

I understood the original question in this thread to be "What kind of cars are most likely to be driven in ways that are obnoxious to you?"

A few year back it was Mitsubishi, all styles, hands down. Seems as if their buyers have graduated to Chrysler products, especially the entry-level trucks. Pretty sure the tailgater champions are in that group. Although the most obstreperous example, and the most dangerous, was in a Ford Explorer, almost close enough to touch, after catching me at a ten-over cruise.

On a separate note, I remember someone here said his Mustang seemed to be an idiot magnet, attracting tailgaters. Lately I'm beginning to think mine is, as well, but the attraction seems to be to the sides of my car, as time after time I have to steer away as they (drivers of almost any brand and style) blip-blip-blip their way along the Bott's Dots. Maybe the test for a license should result in specifying how wide a car the lower-scorers can drive?

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Guilty! I have a 17 X5 Msport, a 19 Civic with “Sport” on the rear (goes 0-60 in about a week), not a big truck but an 18 F150 we like to travel in. For full disclosure I’m likely more aggressive when driving the Mustang but then again power corrupts absolutely. Stay out of the left lane if you’re not passing, don’t tailgate, stay off of your electronic crap while driving.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Technically not a car, but I’m going to pitch into this topic. After reading thru the Diesel MBRP Lifted Trucks, and M series, and Moms holding their phones sideways up to their mouth while balancing a Trenta Mocha from Starbucks in a Yukon I’m going with this- Pure & Simple, Road Bikes you know the 21 Speed Carbon Racing Bike Dudes with the Spandex with all the sponsorship logos.... Taking up an entire lane, or pretending to be a car at the intersection, adjusting the V02 Max on his trip computer while the light turns Red-then giving you the stare down in the mirror hanging off their helmet. You know what I’m talking about, as you kindly tap the accelerator expressing your concerns for road safety thru your Corsa or Borla X pipe‍.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
The most amazing thing about what you just said was describing an f150 as "not a big truck".
I’ve had diesel F250’s in the past. The F150 feels downright dainty comparatively

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
While BMW drivers usually take top prize for being the most inconsiderate asshats on the road, for me it is the Honda Accord. For some reason every guy with a veee-siiixxx veee-techhh or "sport" package wants to cut me off. Probably to tell their friends they beat a Mustang.
So many times for me. Accords constantly trying to flex.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Good thread here! I guess for me - putting aside all the goofballs on their phones and just plain crappy driving - it comes down to what most of you had already mentioned...someone wanting to race or go faster than me when I'm in my car. For some reason, all the ricer's (can I even say that here?), German-made cars, etc. will either pull alongside, or at the stop light, want to compete to see who's faster. No thanks! The minute I stand on the throttle is the exact moment one of the goofballs (mentioned above) will forget they're actually driving and veer into my lane...Murphy's Law.

And to the original point of this thread - who do I think are the most obnoxious drivers out there? As said before...the tool's with the lifted trucks who think they own the roads. Tailgating, rollin' coal, trying to force their way into traffic when there's no room, crossing over the center line coming around a bend in the road, etc. I live in the country and have seen it all, and have had to help folks after some particularly bad accidents involving the aforementioned vehicles. But...I guess you could say this about anybody who drives whatever car they have. It all comes down to paying attention to what you're doing at ALL times behind the wheel.

And...in the interest of full disclosure...my DD is a 2017 Ford F350 Diesel with a 4" lift and 37's all around. I have not deleted anything so no "rollin' coal" for me!

Cheers!
Definitely this....

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to add to the list.. S197 5.0 drivers

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I don't notice the stupidity coming from drivers of any certain make or model.

Around here, stupidity behind the wheel comes in three flavors:

1. People driving beaters with nothing to lose.

2. People driving high end vehicles that have enough money and arrogance to not care.

3. Diesel pickup trucks.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Forgot to add to the list.. S197 5.0 drivers
You're welcome :giggle:

I'd have to say the brodozers. Lifted trucks who are usually diesels always want to race or blow black smoke everywhere or rev it. These slow ass trucks actually think because they are tuned they have a chance. Hate to break it to you "bro" but your truck weighs as much as some houses.

I was at a stoplight and shifted a little later than usual. All of a sudden this big F250 diesel comes up beside of me and revs it and blows black smoke all over me. I floor it to get away from the guy and the guy also floors it but never had a chance. Anyways, the guy takes the same turn as me further up the street and goes into a parking space in front of a restaurant. Guy immediately opens the hood and smoke is oozing out of the engine bay. I had to chuckle a little. I'm guessing it had the problem to start with or he winded a diesel out. Who the heck winds a diesel out? LoL.
Sponsored