TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Mustang GT Premium and when my Samsung Note 9 is connected to the bluetooth, it holds the media volume at max. I try to turn the volume down on my phone, and it puts it right back to max. The thing is, I'm not even using it to listen to music, I'm listening to SiriusXm. And my phone is constantly displaying a message that says listening at high volume is dangerous, and my phone gets hot. I dont know what to do. There was a thread like this, but it is old, and there was no help on there.
Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have the same car and phone and connection. Media volume on my phone is already at max where I want it to be so I wouldn't have noticed if the car was cranking it up. I get that warning on my phone maybe every couple of weeks or so, but I just assumed it was because I must've accidently hit the phone's volume button when putting it in that tray in front of the shifter. But that's just been my assumption. My phone does not get hot, except when using Google's Maps app. Then I take it out of that tray and put it in a cupholder, for more air flow.

Other than this I can't help because I don't understand how this all works. I've noticed that sometimes using the volume buttons on my phone adjusts the phone's volume and sometimes the car's volume. And I don't know the why or when on that.

p.s. Another thing I don't understand is, I can talk to the Google Assistant and start a mapping session with my audio off, but once it starts I can't hear any of the voice directions unless I turn my car's audio on and the source to my phone. So I don't understand why sometimes my phone can talk to me thru the car and sometimes it can't (unless I do something special).

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Is it possibly an android v iOS thing and not sync?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
All the other people were having issues on iOS
I have iOS and have never had what you have described. I don't know why or what to tell you...other than that has not been my experience with sync nor have I ever had a Message for listening at high volumes is dangerous. Maybe it's the Sirius thing? I let my sub expire.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDylanPlayer

TheDylanPlayer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have iOS and have never had what you have described. I don't know why or what to tell you...other than that has not been my experience with sync nor have I ever had a Message for listening at high volumes is dangerous. Maybe it's the Sirius thing? I let my sub expire.
Well the warning for high volume is a samsung thing, but being connected to the car is like constantly turning my phone volume up

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the warning for high volume is a samsung thing, but being connected to the car is like constantly turning my phone volume up
I can't speak to that with my iOS other than I haven't had the symptoms....yet

Whiplash473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT/PP | '94 GT stroker
I just noticed this with my Note 8 with one of the latest phone updates and was wondering if it was just Android or iPhone as well. I've also noticed that when streaming music the decible is way lower I now have it maxed on the highway with the windows down but since I've had this car probably have only had it up to "20."

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Well, as with any digital volume meter you want the source to be as high volume as possible to prevent the device from cutting the datastream. So setting the volume on the source unit (your phone) to max ensures that you get maximum sound quality from streaming your music via bluetooth. So if only the warning is of concern, just click it away. You always want to adjust the volume on your headunit anyway as it's an analog volume control that is working on the electrical signal and not on the bitstream.

Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Had the same issue with my Galaxy S10. It made the phone get really hot and drained the battery fast,
Thank goodness I haven't let my phone upgrade to Android Pie.

Which solution of the number of them offered in that thread has worked for you? My media volume limiter has been set to off for quite some time now.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Which solution of the number of them offered in that thread has worked for you? My media volume limiter has been set to off for quite some time now.
I have the volume limiter on and the volume maxed in that same screen. Sorry, the linked site doesn't make it very clear.
Sponsored