Sponsored

10 speed tranny downshifting HARD!

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I get the impression that ETIS is becoming more restrictive on the registration requirements, and charging a fee. Something to do with new European regulations, although I don't know why that should affect US customers or service staff.
Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Like many that have posted in this thread, I was experiencing harsh downshifts with the A10 in normal mode (particularly the 4th to 3rd downshift). It was mostly 3rd gear that was hitting really hard but other gears were doing it on occassion as well. My car would surge forward when shifting from reverse to drive. Just regular braking felt really clunky as the trans would downshift when I was coming to a stop. Brought my car into the dealer and picked it back up after work. So far, all of the issues I had are gone. Stopping is now completely smooth and I can't tell that the transmission is doing anything when I'm slowing down in normal mode. Shifting from reverse to drive does not move the car at all. I haven't driven enough miles for the adaptive learning strategy to do it's thing but the improvement was immediate. I'll post the verbatim tech notes for anyone interested in what was done. I noticed that the invoice states the cause was adaptive learning values but the repair notes state that the transmission control module (TCM) was reprogrammed! This was at Palm Bay Ford.

****TECH NOTES****

Cause:
MT7Z369 RELEARN ADAPTIVE VALUES AND RELEARN ALL SHIFT STRATEGIES

Completed electronic trans diag and pid record monitor road test. found trans down shift to 3rd gear harsh and rev to drive engagement.
Found no TSBs or SSMs. No codes in vehicle for customer concern.
Cleared the adaptive strategy. Reprogrammed the tcm to latest update.
Performed shift strategy relearn road test. All trans operations normal at present time.
Relay to customer that this trans has an adaptive program that takes 50 to 80 miles to achieve the proper shifting performance.

Same issue here! Love the A10 except this. Was it matter of contacting your local dealer and simply bringing it in? And any updates on how it drives now?

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Same issue here! Love the A10 except this. Was it matter of contacting your local dealer and simply bringing it in? And any updates on how it drives now?
I actually pass right by my local dealer on my way to and from work everyday. Their phone system is terrible so I just stopped by and made an appointment. After 10 days, it's functioning great. If that changes, I'll update this thread.

citrus403

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Stumbled across this thread from Googling the same issue. Took it to dealer based on the recommendations and they "reset the computer". All is functioning great now with the transmission shifting. 4th to 3rd, reverse to drive...no more jerkiness!

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Having the same problem here with my 18 with 18000 miles on it. Started out hard downshift from 4 to 3 in normal mode, plus the occasional lunge forward when shifting from r to d, I don't think anyone else has mentioned but as of today it's shifting real hard on upshift from 4 to 5. Plan on making an appointment this week. Thanks for the info on this thread. Hopefully the service depts will know exactly what it is by now and it will be a quick fix.
Sponsored