Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The RS3 is supercharged and has upgraded suspension. I don't recall exactly how many hp the '17 RS3 had, but the '18+ RS3 is 710 hp. So, it is more than just stickers and emblems. That said, yes, you could install a Ford performance supercharger and not pay for the extra Roush stuff, which is how I would probably go about it. I'm not a huge fan of the Roush styling either. The front looks good minus the horizontal grille vents, and I don't like the fake side and rear quarter window vents or the side vinyl stripe. That said, the RS3 also has aftermarket Roush 20" wheels, and the stage 1 Roush suspension so it's more of a complete package than just emblems and a catback exhaust.
yeah it has half shafts also, wheels, exhaust, better grill for air flow, more expensive tires, nicer spoiler (if you feel that way), different rear end, and it's lowered. But the stickers are hideous and that 3M stick on hood scoop should be a crime.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Nobody pays sticker for their ROUSH.
It is a turn-key option for those who don't want to spend the next year under their car. I've never found anything wrong with ROUSH cars, they perform. It's always about the price... yet, their owners always tell me they got good deals.

You can always build your own cheaper...

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^^ perform? LOL! They can't get out of their own way compared to a properly tuned FI setup of equal displacement and boost.

The Beach boys wrote a song about the Roush Mustang conversion car. It's called "No-go showboat". They just fail to mention in the lyrics it's an over priced no-go showboat.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
I personally traded in a 2017 GT for a 2016 RS3 because of the deal on the car and what they gave me in a trade in. $44k sounds good see if you can talk them down a little more. Watch out for the Roush haters. For those that just complain, ask if they ever bought an RS3. It's definitely more than logos and stickers on an RS3. I do understand the price mark up but that's a new MSRP. It took me a year to find a deal on a used RS3. They test the engine building process at Roush before they sell them Roush also inspects the GT they are building on and will send it back if it doesn't meet their standards. I wouldn't trust the Ford dealers in my area to install a supercharger. I haven't looked back since. The car is amazing and gets compliments almost every time I take it out. What's the mileage on the RS3 you're looking at?

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^ I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell ya. As PT Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every day."

Sponsored

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell ya. As PT Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every day."
And here is a Roush hater. We already know you don't like Roush so why are you wasting your energy on the constant posts.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I’m new to the forum. I’ve have a 17 Premium GT for a few years and I’m at a crossroads. My car is paid off and I’m trying to decide between playing it safe and buying a Ford ESP, getting a Roush supercharger installed by the dealer to maintain the factory warranty, or buying a nice 17 Roush RS3 that’s for sale in my area for $44k. Probably a dumb question but I’m guessing the ESP wouldn’t cover my engine even if the supercharger is installed by a Ford dealer correct? Just looking for advice.
Before I considered 44,000.00 on the 2017 Roush I would look into something like this. These guys also build new cars.
This is a 2017 with 2,000 miles, a Whipple putting 640hp to the wheels and some suspension and exhaust goodies as well as striping, larger wheels and all kinds of other stuff. For 44,900.00

https://modernmusclecarsflorida.com/inventory/37859/view/1513/Ocala-FL/2017-Ford-Mustang GT - Whipple Supercharged

03.jpg

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Meh...
You can build anything to be faster and cheaper. That's an apples to oranges comparison. If YOU want a Roush buy one, if you want a Shelby GT350 or GT500 buy one. You are getting a Roush or getting a Shelby. To many that means more than a GT Mustang with more HP. Honestly if I see a Roush RS3 I'm impressed over seeing a SC GT. Doesn't mean I would have gone that route. It's name brand...and only over priced to those who could have less about that aspect.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Before I considered 44,000.00 on the 2017 Roush I would look into something like this. These guys also build new cars.
This is a 2017 with 2,000 miles, a Whipple putting 640hp to the wheels and some suspension and exhaust goodies as well as striping, larger wheels and all kinds of other stuff. For 44,900.00

https://modernmusclecarsflorida.com/inventory/37859/view/1513/Ocala-FL/2017-Ford-Mustang GT - Whipple Supercharged

03.jpg
It's slightly irritating that they are claiming a 641 rwhp car is 780 crank hp. 18% drivetrain loss? Nope. More like 725 crank hp. Not bad by any means, but not 780 crank hp.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's slightly irritating that they are claiming a 641 rwhp car is 780 crank hp. 18% drivetrain loss? Nope. More like 725 crank hp. Not bad by any means, but not 780 crank hp.
I recall about 10 years ago it was roughly 10% manual and 15% auto loss. I wonder what those numbers are today. I would think the auto is losing less today than back then.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
If you like the Roush styling than go for it. Personally I'm not a big fan of the s550 rs3 but the 13-14 rs3 I thought looked awesome! If your happy with you car now just throw a supercharger on it. Wait for a kit to go on sale and it could only cost you $5,000 if you put it on yourself or $6,500 with labor.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I'd personally go with an aftermarket blower or turbo car over a factory roush, now a days just about any of these setups drive like stock and can make more power than the factory roush blowers. If you have any questions about what some good options would be, feel free to give us a shout at Lethalperformance.com at 561-753-8105.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just going to add another two cents. What about resale value, even though you pay more for a Roush I would think the resale should be better than someone adding a blower in their garage. Just my opinion.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm just going to add another two cents. What about resale value, even though you pay more for a Roush I would think the resale should be better than someone adding a blower in their garage. Just my opinion.
Also might add the complexity of not being able to sell the car because it won’t pass emissions testing. Ask me how I know.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Roush carries some weight due to Nascar. People recognize the name. I see fake Roush's all the time on Instagram. I also get stopped on the regular and usually because it's a Roush and they've never seen one. No different than paying an up-charge for a Dale Earnhardt Chevy Monte Carlo back in the day. Or buying a shitty Nike tshirt made in the same sweat shop as one from Walmart. Doesn't matter that it's just a name with "stickers", people like brand name shit. If you're a fan then you're a fan. Here's what you get with a 2017 RS3.

Half Shafts
Supercharger Kit
Spoiler
Upgraded Wheels
Upgraded Tires
Adjustable Coil Overs
Hi Flow Grill and lower opening
Fuser
Roush AB exhaust
Upgraded leather seats (I think they're a big upgrade)
Styling upgrades to keep it line with a normal Roush look
Roush Instrument Cluster
remainder of 3 year warranty from the day it was purchased
Sponsored