Is there an antenna plug/connection on the 2019 4" base radio

OU81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Dumb me bought a 2019 PP1 base mode last winter without realizing the base radio didn't have XM connectivity. The dealer told me it did & was under media but after I drove it for a few days & my smile from the exhaust/car started to get normal I decided to turn on the radio & realized the salesman fed me a line of crap. Since then I have using Spotify which has been burning through my data. Also tried the XM app that I didn't care for. Now I bought an XM Onyx & hooked it up. Unfortunately had to use an fm transmitter since the 2019's dont have an aux jack & the XM radio doesnt use USB......come on man.....lol So....wires & whatnot are ran all over the car just to listen to XM.

Using the fm transmitter it sounds like poop, even worse than the normal fm stations on the base radio which is pathetic to start with. There is a static sound along with the high pitched normal hum sound when using an aux jack.

So I bought the XM direct antenna connection kit that plugs between the antenna to radio connection & the XM box. This would take the 12 volt fm transmitter out of the loop & would use this new plug as a better fm transmitter. I pulled the screen itself out & didnt see an antenna jack. Is there an old school normal antenna jack anywhere behind the dash or am I thinking too 1990's here & there isnt an antenna jack at all on the radios now & its incorporated in the radio harness? Alot of bs to go through to access XM on a 2019 yr model car when GM'S have been coming with XM connectivity even on base models since the mid 2000's. I have had XM for 10 yrs now & hate not having it, local radio is just terrible.
Sponsored

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
The antenna connection is on the back of the Audio Control Module (ACM) - the box that houses the CD player. It is a new style of antenna connection though (maybe a FAKRA connection).

You can always replace your ACM with one that can support SiriusXM. It's kind of costly though.
https://www.infotainment.com/products/ford-cd-player-sirius-satellite-radio-upgrade-kit
It wont work on the base radio. The F150 was the only one with the tiny radio to get XM so unless you can find one of those to swap in the only way to do it factory is a sync 3 swap and getting a XM capable ACM.

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
It wont work on the base radio. The F150 was the only one with the tiny radio to get XM so unless you can find one of those to swap in the only way to do it factory is a sync 3 swap and getting a XM capable ACM.
Did you click on the link? A Sync 3 swap is not the only way to get SiriusXM on a factory radio.

Here's a video showing the base radio using SiriusXM:

I would take note that infotainment.com only shows compatibility for the 2015 through 2018 Mustang. I'm not 100% sure that their kit would work on a 2019 base radio, but I don't think Ford has changed it from 2018 to 2019.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you click on the link? A Sync 3 swap is not the only way to get SiriusXM on a factory radio.

Here's a video showing the base radio using SiriusXM:

I would take note that infotainment.com only shows compatibility for the 2015 through 2018 Mustang. I'm not 100% sure that their kit would work on a 2019 base radio, but I don't think Ford has changed it from 2018 to 2019.
I stand corrected then.....that being said $599 is a ripoff. You can get a XM ACM for under $100 bucks on ebay or a junkyard, xm antennas are dirt cheap and an ELM adapter is $25 bucks(Forscan is free).

Hell for an extra $150 on top of what they want Hextall will sell you a complete Sync 3 swap for a 2019.

Sponsored

cthomp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I stand corrected then.....that being said $599 is a ripoff. You can get a XM ACM for under $100 bucks on ebay or a junkyard, xm antennas are dirt cheap and an ELM adapter is $25 bucks(Forscan is free).

Hell for an extra $150 on top of what they want Hextall will sell you a complete Sync 3 swap for a 2019.
Agreed. $599 is very high. A Sync 3 swap from Hextall is the better value when choosing between those two.

I just wish I could find the forscan settings to enable SiriusXM with a compatible ACM. Somebody tried the swap on a post here somewhere but couldn't get it working. You can get a SiriusXM ACM off eBay for $50-ish and add an antenna for another $20 or so. You'd be all in to add factory SiriusXM for $70.

Ford initially planned on making SiriusXM available on the base radios. The "Mute" button on the radio was pictured in the promo materials with a "Sirius" label instead. I think the aforementioned kit and its programmer enables that functionality that was built in.

Last edited:
OP
OP

OU81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
There are some differences between the 18 base radio & 19. 18 has a cd player & aux jack(I believe) & the 19 does not. Not sure if all the connections would be the same. I'm assuming the 1 or more of the plugs would be slightly different due to the wires & such associated with that.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. $599 is very high. A Sync 3 swap from Hextall is the better value when choosing between those two.

I just wish I could find the forscan settings to enable SiriusXM with a compatible ACM. Somebody tried the swap on a post here somewhere but couldn't get it working. You can get a SiriusXM ACM off eBay for $50-ish and add an antenna for another $20 or so. You'd be all in to add factory SiriusXM for $70.

Ford initially planned on making SiriusXM available on the base radios. The "Mute" button on the radio was pictured in the promo materials with a "Sirius" label instead. I think the aforementioned kit and its programmer enables that functionality that was built in.
I am sure @HextallS550 could chime in with the settings needed. Of course its possible that it doesnt work on the 19's since they made changes.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
There are some differences between the 18 base radio & 19. 18 has a cd player & aux jack(I believe) & the 19 does not. Not sure if all the connections would be the same. I'm assuming the 1 or more of the plugs would be slightly different due to the wires & such associated with that.
All plugs are same. I installed the Scosche ITCFD05B in my '19 with no issues. Only thing I couldn't get to work was the USB-GM1 to integrate the factory usb port with my system
Sponsored