Things you never knew your car did!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I had a rental F150 last week that always showed which gear it was in.

BTW the A10 sucks ass. Thing had to downshift 6 times to pass somebody.
Drop 6 gears or 6 separate downshifts? Pretty sure if you mash on it, it will drop x gears and take off faster than a manual can be downshifted to do the same thing. Although the manual is more fun IMO and easier to premeditate moves like that. As someone who loves to row my gears, the A10 was a great test drive as far as autos go. It's major drawback is that it's an auto lol.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Drop 6 gears or 6 separate downshifts? Pretty sure if you mash on it, it will drop x gears and take off faster than a manual can be downshifted to do the same thing. Although the manual is more fun IMO and easier to premeditate moves like that. As someone who loves to row my gears, the A10 was a great test drive as far as autos go. It's major drawback is that it's an auto lol.
6 gears, it was about 4 noticeable downshifts, but may have gone sequentially as the top few were the unnoticeable ones.

I doubt that, too... For starters, I've never needed 10 gears in a passenger vehicle that held fewer than 72 people, and I rarely ever question which gear I'm about to want to be in... like automatics have to.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
The A10 in my Mustang is smooth as frog hair and skips gears as needed depending on the demands of my right foot. I have heard a lot of complaints about the A10 in F150s and believe there is a law suit out there.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
6 gears, it was about 4 noticeable downshifts, but may have gone sequentially as the top few were the unnoticeable ones.

I doubt that, too... For starters, I've never needed 10 gears in a passenger vehicle that held fewer than 72 people, and I rarely ever question which gear I'm about to want to be in... like automatics have to.
The A10 in a mustang uses the 10 gears to stay in the powerband. Yes it still hunts for gears like all autos but if you're consistent with the gas pedal, it is faster than a manual. That's why most of the drag strip guys choose it.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The A10 in my Mustang is smooth as frog hair and skips gears as needed depending on the demands of my right foot. I have heard a lot of complaints about the A10 in F150s and believe there is a law suit out there.
Whats different about them in the F150? Weight?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I had a rental F150 last week that always showed which gear it was in.

BTW the A10 sucks ass. Thing had to downshift 6 times to pass somebody.
It’s completely different gearing than the Mustang’s.

Sponsored

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
You trolling bro?

emdavis197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 *Velocity Blue* (The fastest color)
I never knew that my 2019 GT MT82 transmission could shift below 3,000 RPM, but according to another thread, people are successfully driving them that way. I don't fully understand why the Ford engineers would even allow the car to do that. ;)

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I really like remote start on my cars.in Atlanta it's great way to keep car cool when just gonna be out if the car for few minutes.went to use it today,after having used it many times.it wouldn't work.i figured it out.under settings,vehicle,click on advanced settings,remote6 start and set duration,and click on. I'm posting this because somehow the settings changed without me doing anything.wonder if there was a system update,that made default option no remote start.i use ford pass app to remote start at a restaurant or Drs appointment.

oncewas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
In my 2017 F150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost and the A10 I never need to down shift six gears to pass anyone. Either in drive or sport. It diffidently had more get up and gone in sport but still had a lot of punch even in drive. Not sure what power plant you had but my guess is it wasn't the 3.5 Eco.
Sponsored