Dss aluminum one piece driveshaft clicking sound

Pvklol17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pavlo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
When I installed my DSS aluminum one piece driveshaft for my 2017 manual performance pack Mustang GT I noticed that every time I put it in 1st gear to move from a dead stop I hear a couple of clicks as the car is creeping forward then it goes away after it’s moving. Driveshaft feels fine 0 vibrations. Also does it in reverse any idea what it could be?
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
When I installed my DSS aluminum one piece driveshaft for my 2017 manual performance pack Mustang GT I noticed that every time I put it in 1st gear to move from a dead stop I hear a couple of clicks as the car is creeping forward then it goes away after it’s moving. Driveshaft feels fine 0 vibrations. Also does it in reverse any idea what it could be?
In my experience, clicking tends to be fairly indicative of a bad CV joint.
Did it do this from the moment you installed it?
Other mods to the car?
You probably don’t want to hear this but the tried and true method would be to remove the shaft and go back to stock for evaluation.
Given my history with DSS 930/108mm CV’s, I’d say there’s a good chance they’ve sold you a dud CV, but you’ll need to test to prove.
Could literally be anything though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pvklol17

Pvklol17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pavlo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
In my experience, clicking tends to be fairly indicative of a bad CV joint.
Other mods to the car?
You probably don’t want to hear this but the tried and true method would be to remove the shaft and go back to stock for evaluation.
Given my history with DSS 930/108mm CV’s, I’d say there’s a good chance they’ve sold you a dud CV, but you’ll need to test to prove.
Could literally be anything though.
I started hearing the clicking sound right after I installed the shaft and thought it was maybe because it’s an aluminum one piece that it will generate some sort of sounds. Don’t have my stock one anymore to compare but I tried putting the car on the lift and having someone in driver seat turn car on and put it in gear and I don’t hear anything when the wheels are spinning. One thing I did notice was it looks like the driveshaft is rubbing on something because there is a noticeable small groove on the driveshaft but again didn’t hear any rubbing when I was under the car.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience, CV joints tend to click when they’re no good.
Other mods to the car?
I started hearing the clicking sound right after I installed the shaft and thought it was maybe because it’s an aluminum one piece that it will generate some sort of sounds. Don’t have my stock one anymore to compare but I tried putting the car on the lift and having someone in driver seat turn car on and put it in gear and I don’t hear anything when the wheels are spinning. One thing I did notice was it looks like the driveshaft is rubbing on something because there is a noticeable small groove on the driveshaft but again didn’t hear any rubbing when I was under the car.
You need to get that sorted ASAP!
Sponsored