Sponsored

In me Tarago, behind a 2017 GT.. I cannot hear its exhaust.

Draq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tarago
Greetings !

Sorry I have not introduced myself, however I am a ( very far ) future purchaser of Mustang. I have to save some funds for a Kia Carnival first, then save again for a Mustang.

However last night after work, I followed behind a Mustang that I've seen countless times on the same route, and this time I was behind him.

I pulled both me windows down, turned off me radio and all I can hear are cars around me, but cannot hear his exhaust.
His car is a 2017 GT. I was hoping to hear some thunder... but it was so quiet.

Is it normal ? I have watched on youtube and read some comments regarding ppl complaining to Ford about how quiet the car can be... I thought that it would sound like Holden Commodores of the past. Those V8's penetrated my soul with its rumble.

But after going home, I felt sick because of the cold wind blowing in me face for like 15 mins. And I couldnt hear anything much from him. The speed was 70kms on the Hume Highway.

The driver of that GT never speeds... he always goes on the speed limit or slower.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Draq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tarago
This Morning while driving to work, I came up the end of another Mustang...
I think the colour was Gabber Blue... it looked great, and its an Ecoboost.

So silent in sound. I only tried to listen for 30 seconds, and gave up and wound up me windows and turned on me music.

Then once I caught up and we stopped at the red lights, he was on me right hand side. I wound down me windows again and turned off me music... I couldnt hear a thing coming from his exhaust.

Nevertheless I must seek a second hand Mustang which is fitted with an aftermarket exhaust, something decent and not too obnoxiously loud would be good. However it must rumble at stationary at the least.

Anyways, Mustangs are instilled in me heart at this stage, and I believe it still will be 2-3 yrs later.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
This Morning while driving to work, I came up the end of another Mustang...
I think the colour was Gabber Blue... it looked great, and its an Ecoboost.

So silent in sound. I only tried to listen for 30 seconds, and gave up and wound up me windows and turned on me music.

Then once I caught up and we stopped at the red lights, he was on me right hand side. I wound down me windows again and turned off me music... I couldnt hear a thing coming from his exhaust.

Nevertheless I must seek a second hand Mustang which is fitted with an aftermarket exhaust, something decent and not too obnoxiously loud would be good. However it must rumble at stationary at the least.

Anyways, Mustangs are instilled in me heart at this stage, and I believe it still will be 2-3 yrs later.
My 18 GT sounds god damn awesome - you would definitely hear it. My wife says my dogs go crazy when I'm a block away. And even more so now that I've added the Ford Performance X Pipe. I don't have that active exhaust nonsense. It sounds friggin great.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also - the beautiful noise I get for cold start up- just wonderful. I watched the GT500 video showing its awesome startup - sounded pretty much the same.

OP
OP

Draq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tarago
My 18 GT sounds god damn awesome - you would definitely hear it. My wife says my dogs go crazy when I'm a block away. And even more so now that I've added the Ford Performance X Pipe. I don't have that active exhaust nonsense. It sounds friggin great.
Awesome !! Sound is very important I reckon. It gives life to the car.
Ford Performance X pipe... I'm gonna check it up on Youtube !.

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome !! Sound is very important I reckon. It gives life to the car.
Ford Performance X pipe... I'm gonna check it up on Youtube !.
Yeah - the 18+ sound awesome - for the 17's and prior - you need to basically replace mufflers etc as they are very quiet from what I've read.

The X pipe was on sale for like 200.00 - and only cost 40.00 to have installed at a shop. I keep thinking - perhaps a complete Corsa exhaust - but really it sounds so nice now - it doesn't seem necessary at all.

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
Mine has the 'Corsa Extreme' cat back, you'd definitely hear that !

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Ecoboosts stock in the 15-17 range are damn near silent, I put a quieter aftermarket exhaust on mine so you can atleast hear it. Fake noises are pumped into the cabin stock so the driver will believe there is some noise there.

GTs are quieter then you'd expect until they step on it, which isn't much in traffic, there's a reason why Roush axlebacks and such are so so common on them, they make them sound way better.

OP
OP

Draq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tarago
Ecoboosts stock in the 15-17 range are damn near silent, I put a quieter aftermarket exhaust on mine so you can atleast hear it. Fake noises are pumped into the cabin stock so the driver will believe there is some noise there.

GTs are quieter then you'd expect until they step on it, which isn't much in traffic, there's a reason why Roush axlebacks and such are so so common on them, they make them sound way better.
I have seen some on carsales that are sold with Roush axlebacks. I have a family friend who mentioned axlebacks on his mustang, but I have requested to check it out when he drives by my way. However I am still waiting for that opportunity. He doesnt know what brand his after market exhaust is, as he purchased with it.
However he also mentioned that it isnt too loud and sounded great.

I will check out Roush axlebacks on YouTube.. Thanks

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
I have the Roush axle back and it sounds sweeeeeeet. Old school deep sound with no raspiness and no drone, nice volume levels plus huge bang 4 buck at about $850 plus install.

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I went for the 3" S/Steel cat back Manta exhaust sounds like thunder deep sound.. love it

OP
OP

Draq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tarago
I have the Roush axle back and it sounds sweeeeeeet. Old school deep sound with no raspiness and no drone, nice volume levels plus huge bang 4 buck at about $850 plus install.
Thats an awesome price man ! I saw on YouTube about drones, is it a hollow sound ? I dont know what it sounds like

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Getting a you tube clip that does exhaust sound justice is always challenging. I listened to hundreds of clips for all types of exhaust in my research. Look up CJ Pony parts clips as I think the aren't bad. The Roush definitely isn't hollow.
Sponsored