Sponsored

A10 Circle D...Anyone have one yet besides Beefcake?

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
As the title says, just wondering if anyone, or anyone who knows anyone has anything to report.
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Have you looked into the hptuners trans brake option? Guy just ran a 10.7 @ 127 with one n/a.

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I'm a Lund guy so thats kinda out but from my perspective that is a pretty harsh hit on both the trans and the drivetrain. I'm sure I'm being a little paranoid but I'm just not comfortable with that set up. A stall is a bit easier on everything and can be enjoyed even in normal driving conditions (which my car spends the overwhelming amount of its time doing.) But thank you for the suggestion! :)

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Well, I'm a Lund guy so thats kinda out but from my perspective that is a pretty harsh hit on both the trans and the drivetrain. I'm sure I'm being a little paranoid but I'm just not comfortable with that set up. A stall is a bit easier on everything and can be enjoyed even in normal driving conditions (which my car spends the overwhelming amount of its time doing.) But thank you for the suggestion! :)
Don't be scared!

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I looked on Circle D's website last week when I ordered my QA1 cf driveshaft. Woulda swore Steeda had one on their Silver Bullet, but for some reason I don't see it offered on Circle D's webpage yet. Wonder why this is? Had another guy tell me, they are available but not on the site yet, $800 core charge makes it around $2200. I believe it helped Steeda's car knock .2 off though, so if you have everything else, why not? I'm gonna keep an eye out for it....as of now its the only mod I don't have done to my n/a build. By the way, Steeda's car run's 10.2 n/a. No trans brake. Trans brakes are parts killers...so if you have more money than sense and think its necessary on an n/a street car build, tear it up cowboy! On another side note, I know personally 3 people who went from Lund tunes to PBD over A10 shifting issues, just sayin', not to bash, just stating facts as I know it. I'm not tuned by either... And I'll leave it at that, although if I had a close second choice for tuning, it would be PBD hands down. Everyone I know personally who owns an A10 car runs a PBD tune except me. Maybe someday I'll give em a try to contrast and compare, but I run the same times as they do, so at this point, its not an issue with me....I"m too busy still spending my money elsewhere.

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I looked on Circle D's website last week when I ordered my QA1 cf driveshaft. Woulda swore Steeda had one on their Silver Bullet, but for some reason I don't see it offered on Circle D's webpage yet. Wonder why this is? Had another guy tell me, they are available but not on the site yet, $800 core charge makes it around $2200. I believe it helped Steeda's car knock .2 off though, so if you have everything else, why not? I'm gonna keep an eye out for it....as of now its the only mod I don't have done to my n/a build. By the way, Steeda's car run's 10.2 n/a. No trans brake. Trans brakes are parts killers...so if you have more money than sense and think its necessary on an n/a street car build, tear it up cowboy! On another side note, I know personally 3 people who went from Lund tunes to PBD over A10 shifting issues, just sayin', not to bash, just stating facts as I know it. I'm not tuned by either... And I'll leave it at that, although if I had a close second choice for tuning, it would be PBD hands down. Everyone I know personally who owns an A10 car runs a PBD tune except me. Maybe someday I'll give em a try to contrast and compare, but I run the same times as they do, so at this point, its not an issue with me....I"m too busy still spending my money elsewhere.
I’m guessing you are saying they lost .2 in the sixty foot and I believe not 100% they are using a 2step with 3 relay trans break.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I’m guessing you are saying they lost .2 in the sixty foot and I believe not 100% they are using a 2step with 3 relay trans break.
After checking, I'll stand corrected on the trans brake, I was mixing up old info (from the first 10 second pass last summer) to now when they added the Circle D stall converter and the trans brake. My bad. Still, for us normal people who don't have millions backing us, I don't see a need for a trans brake used in conjunction with a nearly 4k rpm stall for our street cars. I'll be happy with, and will stop on my n/a build if I just see a 10.9X pass with my '18. That's haulin' ass n/a by any standards anywhere.

OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it would have been better if I had been more specific. It would be interesting to know what these converters are netting without a transbrake and NA.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TnWHTMARE

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Bump anyone running N/A with circle D converter yet ?
stangmode is, not sure if it has helped him much yet though, but he also has the tbrake tune. Weather hasnt been ideal enough yet to tell. check his youtube.

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
He has the power adder version ...I have the N/A version with 373 gears ... The car blows the tire from a dig now no matter what rpm I leave at , I gotta new set of radials on the way 305/45 r MT ..No track pass yet waiting on better temps .
Sponsored