Sponsored

Anyone know the changes that caused.........

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
You don’t need to spend $5000 to learn how to control car. You can be done for a lot less but joining BMW, Porsche and other drivers education events. I instruct for them so I know a little about it ....
I’m definitely not the expert you are but I did enjoy a couple of days at Bob Bondurant’s driving school. Helped me out tremendously and was a hoot to boot.
Didn’t Porsche & BMW include driving school with the sale of some of their models?
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
You don’t need to spend $5000 to learn how to control car. You can be done for a lot less but joining BMW, Porsche and other drivers education events. I instruct for them so I know a little about it ....
I’m definitely not the expert you are but I did enjoy a couple of days at Bob Bondurant’s driving school. Helped me out tremendously and was a hoot to boot.
Didn’t Porsche & BMW include driving school with the sale of some of their models?

OP
OP
BostonDMD

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for driving education for anyone was has a sports car/high HP car.
I’ve done it all, Skip Barber racing school and series, what the best bang for the bucks is a driving education program as those provided by the Porsche, BMW, or CHIN motor sports. $400 per day and you are provided with an instructor in the car with you the whole day.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Skip charges 2k for 1 day & almost 5k for three days
Plus your expenses.
But who knows why the R is up in price
My point with the photo was that 2-5 k is cheaper than a totaled car with zero insurance coverage

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
GT350 Track attack was on the order of a ~$1800 value but it was not listed as a taxable value added. You'd paid for day 2 but only if you wanted it and probably most do. To slap a $5K taxable presumption that everyone who buys an R or a 500 can & will go is a pretty heavy handed way to push it. After being taxed on it, airfare, lodging, and probably a car rental that's a hefty bill for those who do have opted in and a complete screw job for those who couldn't. As for cutting GT350 buyers out starting with MY2020 well that's a damned shame given all the track driving very specific improvements that were added specifically for us MY2019 (and later) GT350 buyers. So I guess if I go and this time take my brother-in law, who let me be his guest in July, then it will be a wrap up on what had been a great thing. Maybe being forced out of UMC to head east may have simply driven the costs of this sky high. Such a shame that its turning even more elitist (one would think an R buyer is already track experienced or is going to get to that point without Ford's tutorage).

Paul, where is your practice? When are you buying my Solea for each of your operatories? <shameless self promo by a proud engineer....but I digress>

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
So, the "most track capable ..." car is re-freshed in '19, FP engineers and Billy Johnson go on record applauding a combined FP team effort making car much MORE track capable. Then this much improved track worthy beast is NO LONGER invited to participate in FP Track Attack?? Disgusting, utterly shameful!!

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I was invited, but i lose my spot if I don't go within a year after buying the car. I called literally the day after buying the car and got on the waiting list. COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

OP
OP
BostonDMD

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
Greg and Mmakam would you care to elaborate ?

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I am eligible for Track Attack as a 2019 owner, BUT there are no spots open for the next year or so. So they are overallocating spots. I am on the waitlist so the only way i get in if there are enough cancellations. If i don't get in within the year I lose my spot completely.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
My comment is in regard to post #9.....
Which states that FP Track Attack is no longer incl. in pkg. 900A, the GT350.
Owners of a new 2020 GT350 will not be eligible for this event according to the document OP shared...only GT350R and GT500 owners.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My comment is in regard to post #9.....
Which states that FP Track Attack is no longer incl. in pkg. 900A, the GT350.
Owners of a new 2020 GT350 will not be eligible for this event according to the document OP shared...only GT350R and GT500 owners.
I'm sure it's just a numbers thing. they can't fit all the GT500 and GT350 owners. Heck, they don't seem to be able to fit just the GT350 owners that want to go at this point.

mmakam2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I'm sure it's just a numbers thing. they can't fit all the GT500 and GT350 owners. Heck, they don't seem to be able to fit just the GT350 owners that want to go at this point.
They should let you roll over your spot to the next year if they don't have a spot for you. That's really bullshit. It was one of the reasons that definitely gave me some excitement about purchasing new vs used.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am eligible for Track Attack as a 2019 owner, BUT there are no spots open for the next year or so. So they are overallocating spots. I am on the waitlist so the only way i get in if there are enough cancellations. If i don't get in within the year I lose my spot completely.
This was extremely frustrating for me when I bought by car bc it was sold out and they weren't going to have an offering again for a year after. I started checking their site daily and calling occasionally, because they were in discussions about adding more dates. Hopefully they add more dates and you have the same luck...just keep a close eye on it.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I just read the changes. This is a copy and paste from the article.

“Enhancing handling and steering responsiveness, Shelby GT350R refinements for 2020 include redesigned front suspension geometry with a redesigned high-trail steering knuckle leveraged from the all-new Shelby GT500. To elevate driver confidence and steering precision, a new steering rack and recalibrated electric power steering control is also added.”

There’s also new color choices.

5K seems like a lot to ask for these minor upgrades.

I was hoping for more. Was hoping the new digital dash was going to be one of the upgrades.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
This was extremely frustrating for me when I bought by car bc it was sold out and they weren't going to have an offering again for a year after. I started checking their site daily and calling occasionally, because they were in discussions about adding more dates. Hopefully they add more dates and you have the same luck...just keep a close eye on it.
End of day 2 we asked them about this kind of stuff - they said they are maxed out in terms of seats and days in the year (that was based on Utah weather which they were pushing to limits in the fall).
They would have to 2x the school in 2 locations because right now the 15% participation is capacity limited not driver interest limited....and if they increase the # of drivers per session the quality would certainly suffer. As is many of us wanted more instructor time than was possible (any time with 1 on 1 instruction my skills sharpened considerably).

This is like any good thing - as soon as it catches on its usually done or made expensive enough to match how exclusive it is.
Sponsored