Sponsored

Anyone see or have picture of trunk

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It’s the same as all S550 models. Depends if you opt for the tech which comes with the sub in the rear. But that’s the same space the shaker sub used.
Do you not think that the 2 seat CFTP trunk will not differ from the 4 seat base GT500?

If Ford designs the CFTP trunk area in a similar fashion to the Base 350R model (no tire inflator kit, no trunk tray or liner) I would suggest that the trunks may not all be the same but in any event we will all find out soon enough.

:sunglasses:
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think we'd all like a photo of the trunk from the inside looking out. Make sure someone gets a pic of you taking this photo ...

:giggle:
They ain’t going to let me in it and it will be a zoo Not sure how close I’ll get to it but hopefully theyll have everything opened up where I can get some pics.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Do you not think that the 2 seat CFTP trunk will not differ from the 4 seat base GT500?

If Ford designs the CFTP trunk area in a similar fashion to the Base 350R model (no tire inflator kit, no trunk tray or liner) I would suggest that the trunks may not all be the same but in any event we will all find out soon enough.

He’s asking if space is the same. And yes it is even with the seat delete. I know bc I have the rear seat delete. Only thing you can’t do is drop the backrest area for extra storage.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
He’s asking if space is the same. And yes it is even with the seat delete. I know bc I have the rear seat delete. Only thing you can’t do is drop the backrest area for extra storage.
I get what your saying about the space being the same but it all depends how that same space is designed in order to determine what space is usable.

With respect to rear seat delete cars such as the R model, the trunk space defers dramatically all depending how the car was optioned.

Until you or I see one of the new GT500 's spec'd with or without the Electronics Package or the CFTP option neither of us know for sure.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I get what your saying about the space being the same but it all depends how that same space is designed in order to determine what space is usable.

With respect to rear seat delete cars such as the R model, the trunk space defers dramatically all depending how the car was optioned.

Until you or I see one of the new GT500 's spec'd with or without the Electronics Package or the CFTP option neither of us know for sure.
19 GT350s are on the dealer floor. Seen the tech spec in person, no change. The trunk space does not change. Tech is the same and CFTP may or may not be like the R but at the end of day, nothing was redesigned there.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
19 GT350s are on the dealer floor. Seen the tech spec in person, no change. The trunk space does not change. Tech is the same and CFTP may or may not be like the R but at the end of day, nothing was redesigned there.
Just to be clear you have viewed the trunk area of a 4 seat 2020 GT500 with option 67T and that the trunk area is designed exactly the same as a 2019 GT350 with the Tech Pack option?

If the trunk area design for the 2020 GT500 is exactly the same as a 2019 GT350 that would surprise me but if you have seen both then I will defer to your expertise.

Based on your post you have not viewed the trunk of a 2 seat 2020 GT500 without option 67T (which I have ordered and interested in) therefore I would suggest that the trunk area for this optioned car will be somewhat spartan based on the amount of effort that Ford has gone to lighten up this track model as much as possible.

Lastly, you do know that the trunk areas of the R came in two completely different configurations?

:wink:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Just to be clear you have viewed the trunk area of a 4 seat 2020 GT500 with option 67T and that the trunk area is designed exactly the same as a 2019 GT350 with the Tech Pack option?

If the trunk area design for the 2020 GT500 is exactly the same as a 2019 GT350 that would surprise me but if you have seen both then I will defer to your expertise.

Based on your post you have not viewed the trunk of a 2 seat 2020 GT500 without option 67T (which I have ordered and interested in) therefore I would suggest that the trunk area for this optioned car will be somewhat spartan based on the amount of effort that Ford has gone to lighten up this track model as much as possible.

Lastly, you do know that the trunk areas of the R came in two completely different configurations?

:wink:
Enlighten me on how the trunk area changes in the R or how anything was redesigned there.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Enlighten me on how the trunk area changes in the R or how anything was redesigned there.
Unless I am missing something the OP is concerned with usable trunk space for luggage or whatever for his upcoming GT500 and I thought his question was a very good one especially for those of us that will only have no back seat in our GT500's therefore available trunk space will be very important as we do not have any back seat.

I have owned a number of Base R models and can tell you that the extra trunk space in it has been helpful to me especially when having no back seat.

Do you have an R and if so you shouldn't have to ask the question about the difference in substantial trunk space between the Electronic Package or the Base R's?

BTW, you have not answered my question as to whether you have actually looked at the trunk space and configuration for the new GT500 with or without the Technology Package?

Lastly, what a 2019 GT350 has to do with all this is beyond my comprehension.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Unless I am missing something the OP is concerned with usable trunk space for luggage or whatever for his upcoming GT500 and I thought his question was a very good one especially for those of us that will only have no back seat in our GT500's therefore available trunk space will be very important as we do not have any back seat.

I have owned a number of Base R models and can tell you that the extra trunk space in it has been helpful to me especially when having no back seat.

Do you have an R and if so you shouldn't have to ask the question about the difference in substantial trunk space between the Electronic Package or the Base R's?

BTW, you have not answered my question as to whether you have actually looked at the trunk space and configuration for the new GT500 with or without the Technology Package?

Lastly, what a 2019 GT350 has to do with all this is beyond my comprehension.

Ford would not redesign a trunk on something they already have and works with both base mustangs and the R. They cheaped out on the interior and changed nothing besides the shifter area for the knob.

Wait for the photos.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
When I saw the title of this post I just couldn't help but think of this: "Hey Honey get the 3 kids packed up we're going to Wally World". LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dunk812

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
When I saw the title of this post I just couldn't help but think of this: "Hey Honey get the 3 kids packed up we're going to Wally World". LOL
It’s more like need room for two chairs, cooler one small overnight bag for me, and one large bag for her plus room for the 6 different pair of shoes and 4 hand bags because god knows depends on outfit which ones are used when....... lol.... kids? Didn’t have any of those I like enough to ride in the GT500...... kidding they are just grown

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ford would not redesign a trunk on something they already have and works with both base mustangs and the R. They cheaped out on the interior and changed nothing besides the shifter area for the knob.

Wait for the photos.
Looking forward to the photos and appreciate you answering all of my questions on posts #21 and #23.

:giggle:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
If the trunk in the base GT500 without tech package looks any different from a standard mustang GT without tech package - I'll be a monkey's uncle.
If the trunk in the base GT500 with tech package looks any different from a standard mustang GT with tech package - I'll be a monkey's uncle.
If the trunk in the CF Track Pack GT500 without tech package looks any different from a GT350R without tech package - I'll be a monkey's uncle.
If the trunk in the CF Track Pack GT500 with tech package looks any different from a GT350R with tech package - I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Summary: If the trunk looks any different than any trunk we have seen either with a rear seat, or without a rear seat -or- with or without tech package ............ I'll be a monkey's uncle

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I think this thread is a joke.
People are way overthinking this.