Sponsored

vmp gen 3 vs edlebrock

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
kinda having a hard time choosing between both. both have the 2650 rotors, one is front feed, seems like vmp is cheaper with a bigger throttle body standard, the edlebrock intercooler is bigger and more efficent. ugh i just dont know what do to. anyone want to give some input?
Sponsored

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
kinda having a hard time choosing between both. both have the 2650 rotors, one is front feed, seems like vmp is cheaper with a bigger throttle body standard, the edlebrock intercooler is bigger and more efficent. ugh i just dont know what do to. anyone want to give some input?
I'm really happy with the edelbrock kit (2018 stage 2) , my only complaint is the trans tuning for just driving around (it's not that great) and "the nitrous pill" in the vacuum line that stops the power from coming on instantly. Other than that I'm pretty happy.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Personal opinion, not fact by any measure -
Whilst the VMP can be upgraded to HUGE TB etc etc, you’ll need a built engine to explore the limits of that blower.
The Edelbrock has a distinct advantage in terms of intercooler size, meaning that it should run cooler. So, for a pump fuel setup on a stock block, I tend to think the Edelbrock would be a better fit.
No point having a 1200rwhp capable blower that runs hot on a car that makes 750rwhp.
When you’re severely knock limited, IATs matter. A lot.

OP
OP

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i live in florida so i can run e85, i just want to know if the gen3 runs super hot..both are almost the same in price, so im not sure whats better

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
i live in florida so i can run e85, i just want to know if the gen3 runs super hot..both are almost the same in price, so im not sure whats better
Not sure. I’d assume that it might run hotter given that it can’t replicate the IC size of the Edelbrock but that’s assuming all things to be equal, which they rarely are.
Maybe talk to your tuner? You live nearby some of the best in the business.
Surely they’ll have logs that show stuff.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
both are great setups, can't go wrong with either, been very happy with both system,s feel free to give me a shout with any questiosn and we'll try to help ya makek the right call

beef
855 tbr race

OP
OP

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not even gonna shop around you always gave me the best deals, i'll be in touch soon

both are great setups, can't go wrong with either, been very happy with both system,s feel free to give me a shout with any questiosn and we'll try to help ya makek the right call

beef
855 tbr race

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
not even gonna shop around you always gave me the best deals, i'll be in touch soon
Keen to see which way you go with it. :thumbsup:
Sponsored