Sponsored

Will there be 4 different settings on the exhaust???

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I was thinking the exact same thing. Im 36 and would struggle making a YouTube video. But i also agree that i enjoy reading chucks posts, hope to see him at a Ford event.
That would be fun to meet you guys at a Ford event. Thank You for the very kind words. All you guys are truly Great!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Did you have 4 different settings or just 4 different driving modes? My gt350 has 5 different drive modes but only changes exhaust from quiet to loud. So only 2 different exhaust modes.
All of witch you can independently pick exhaust mode to witch drive modes, and also same with suspension modes. Example, you can put it in track mode turn exhaust to quiet and soften suspension. But keep steering in track. Oh yes you can change steering feel also.
Hello my friend J. Brad; If you go over to YouTube and type in "Driveway Demons" published on May 20,2019 this guy does a really nice video review of the car. Its 23 minutes and its worth watching. Take Care and have a wonderful day. I don't claim to be an expert on the car by any means.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I just looked thru all the pages on the "Mods" post and I still don't see anyone going to do anything with the exhaust system which kinda surprises me a little. I figured somebody out there would want a more throaty and louder exhaust system??? Akropovic, Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow, ???

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I just looked thru all the pages on the "Mods" post and I still don't see anyone going to do anything with the exhaust system which kinda surprises me a little. I figured somebody out there would want a more throaty and louder exhaust system??? Akropovic, Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow, ???
Ill be doing an H pipe ASAP

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Most likely Custom since everyone else likes the X design, but i prefer deeper
I too prefer Deeper, if you have any ideas on a good brand please let me know as I don't have a guy that can make me a custom piece. Wish I did. I don't know how old you are but I go back to the "Old Days" when people had Thrush and Loud Mouth exhausts and they really were very throaty. Almost sounded like an Old Harley. Which by the way I love the sound of them.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I too prefer Deeper, if you have any ideas on a good brand please let me know as I don't have a guy that can make me a custom piece. Wish I did. I don't know how old you are but I go back to the "Old Days" when people had Thrush and Loud Mouth exhausts and they really were very throaty. Almost sounded like an Old Harley. Which by the way I love the sound of them.
A very great fabricator locally has told me he'd like to get it in for such a product and start to market it, so im sure ill post all the details once its here

Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
No, but he wanted to turn too. :giggle:
In all "Honesty" I did put the Redeye thru just a couple of easy "tests" if you will and it was terrible on turns. Its strictly a "straight line race car" pure and simple. I actually was very surprised on how bad it was on "turns". When I saw the very first video of the new 2020 Shelby Gt 500 I said to myself somehow someway I gotta have that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Iam going to try and find something more throaty and louder.
If I read this right you’re wanting aftermarket new exhaust systems.
Almost every major brand like Borla, etc makes an exhaust for the GT350/350R and most of those should work on the GT500. Some but not all will keep the selectable multi mode exhaust.
We probably won’t see GT500 specific kits until the car is released fully.

It’s great to ask questions Chuck, we all learn from each other.

I’m sure you’ve had some great American muscle. I started in 1996 with a 1986 Thunderbird Turbo coupe. What was you’re favorite and least favorite?

I’m looking forward to ordering this 2020 version to compliment my 2014 and then start on restoring my 1966 GT350H.

Good luck on the order, I hope the wait isn’t too long.
-J

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
If I read this right you’re wanting aftermarket new exhaust systems.
Almost every major brand like Borla, etc makes an exhaust for the GT350/350R and most of those should work on the GT500. Some but not all will keep the selectable multi mode exhaust.
We probably won’t see GT500 specific kits until the car is released fully.

It’s great to ask questions Chuck, we all learn from each other.

I’m sure you’ve had some great American muscle. I started in 1996 with a 1986 Thunderbird Turbo coupe. What was you’re favorite and least favorite?

I’m looking forward to ordering this 2020 version to compliment my 2014 and then start on restoring my 1966 GT350H.

Good luck on the order, I hope the wait isn’t too long.
-J
Good morning "BiminiLX; Iam "Ancient" (age 68) so yes, I've had lots of muscle cars over the decades. Not sure if I can even remember all of them. LOL I started with a 1966 Pontiac GTO with a 389 and 3 Deuces. It had a full Iske cam and was a screamer all things considered. Had a 76 Mustang Cobra 2. That was a wimpy little thing. Had a 75 Pontiac Trans Am with a 455 in it. Or was it a 76??? I should have written all this shit down over the years!!!!!! LOL Had a 79 Datsun 280ZX. That car was one of the most fun cars I've ever owned. Not necessarily the fastest but the design of it and the way it handled made it "Incredibly Fun". Black with the Gold Wheels. Truly one of my most fun. I had a 1986 Pantera GT-5 too. Numerous camaros and corvettes thru out the 90's and 2000's. Moving forward I had a 2015 Corvette ZO6. The 650 HP version. Black with dual red stripes. Then went onto the 2019 Redeye Hellcat (the 797 HP version) Black with a red leather interior. When I saw the video of the new SHELBY I told my wife I just had to have that car!!!!!!!!!! Won't bore you with all the nitty gritty details but will just say I have loved muscle cars all my life. I have owned atleast 3 different Corvettes and 2 different BMW's too. M3 and M5's. All fun cars in their own right. I think its an "addiction" in all honesty.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
A very great fabricator locally has told me he'd like to get it in for such a product and start to market it, so im sure ill post all the details once its here
Hello my friend V00D00; Please keep me in the loop when he starts to market the "H Pipe" or whatever he goes with. The louder the better.
Sponsored