Borla Atak cat back review

1320INC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
I installed the Borla Atak Cat Back today. I just wanted to share my results. I was very impressed by the quality of the kit and the hardware. It fit on my 2015 like a glove and the sound is pretty rowdy at cold start up and when you hammer on the go pedal. The price is a little on the high side but is it a very nice kit and installs easily.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Nice. Did you do the carbon tips?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Borla Atak Cat Back today. I just wanted to share my results. I was very impressed by the quality of the kit and the hardware. It fit on my 2015 like a glove and the sound is pretty rowdy at cold start up and when you hammer on the go pedal. The price is a little on the high side but is it a very nice kit and installs easily.
I also installed the ATAK on my car this past week and I am really enjoying it. I had a Corsa Sport catback on prior to this.

IMO this is worth every penny. It's deep in the low and mids, super aggressive, and screams up top. The starts make me smile again. I'm extremely impressed with this exhaust because it's both deeper and louder than the Corsa Sport, but it's actually even better on interior volume. Absolutely zero drone, and not at all boomy in the cabin with the windows up. There's plenty of bass note when accelerating, but it's all from behind you and not an annoying resonance typical of cheaper systems. The unique tuning of the multicore tubes in this ATAK is even more effective than the Corsa RSC, as they didn't have to make it higher pitched to create no drone.

OP
OP

1320INC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
No its just the stainless tips. Also id like to add that EVERYTHING on this kit is stainless, even the hangers.
As stated above its not "tinny" sounding like some kits make our cars sound. It has a deep note and then a " holy $hut" sound when you mat the gas.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running the Borla Catback Atak kit for about 6 months and I'd say it's about perfect. Very nice sound, zero drone. But definitely rowdy when you are rowing through the gears. A real head turner.

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I also got an ATAK cat back with black chrome tips put on last month. Fit and finish are top notch and the sound is amazing at any RPM. I have gotten multiple thumbs up and comments about how awesome the car sounds too. Worth every penny!

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I am also running the Borla ATAK on my 2018 GT PP1 M6, and I am very impressed by it! It's worth the higher price tag.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I love the ATAK system. It is exactly what I was looking for with this car. BMac summed it up nicely.

The only time I feel bad about it is when I am in my gym's parking garage and setting off car alarms even keeping the rpms really low lol

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I love the ATAK system. It is exactly what I was looking for with this car. BMac summed it up nicely.

The only time I feel bad about it is when I am in my gym's parking garage and setting off car alarms even keeping the rpms really low lol
When it's early. It really sounds good breaking the silence and I'm thinking those lucky neighbors laying in bed listening to this rowdy muscle machine and then I think yeah, t he only time I feel bad about it is when ah, uhm, ahhh ..... well :blush: Never ! :devil: :crackup:

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
When it's early. It really sounds good breaking the silence and I'm thinking those lucky neighbors laying in bed listening to this rowdy muscle machine and then I think yeah, t he only time I feel bad about it is when ah, uhm, ahhh ..... well :blush: Never ! :devil: :crackup:
Lol I’m with ya on the neighbors. They’ve got their quirks that annoy me too so an Atak cold start is my gift to them in return
Sponsored