• Watchers 18

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
The eco is the entry level car and what can be done has been done by this point. Not much else to talk about.
and.. ecoboom of course. Just not worth the risk really.
This ecoboom thing it comes up every other thread, what is it, when does it happens, what does it damages, what causes it?
if i pushed my engine past it physical limit would it be called ecoboom?
what about usig a 93octane tune wit 89 octane fuel, would that be called ecoboom?

I have never seen it, i never have had a client that ecoboomed i have never heard of anyone local to me that ecoboomed, and where i live we have 90 degees high humidity weather the whole year, terrible traffic, some of the worst quality fuel available and some of the cheapest owners and no ecoboom.

IMO whoever comes crying ecoboom without actually happening to them should be banned from this forum.
Sponsored

Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
There's nothing to discuss. Nobody is doing anything special or innovative for these cars. Frankly it's one of the worst car communities I've ever been apart of. Pretty much why I stopped interacting on the forums here and on the facebook groups.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Your answer is in your question:
Mod choices,
1. Bolt on tune
2. larger turbo custom tune.
3. Alternate fuels
It's all been done, most members have already modded, newbie s check searches and see basic formulas etc..
This, I'm fairly new to the EB (coming from the Cyclone world). Looking at older posts and how-to's, I notice there were at least 1 or 2 generations of posters before me. It appears some of the past popular posters upgraded to 5.0s or just no longer active (moved to social media platforms, no longer interested in cars, traded cars etc.). I basically just took the basic formula that works without needing a tune (IC upgrade, charge pipes, exhaust etc.) and ran with it. Quite honestly with the 10 speed and an IC that won't crap out on me, this is one of the first cars I'm happy with out the box without needing a tune or risking the warranty. With the Borla S-type axle backs and y-pipe it sounds so exotic. I also have other projects like my 96 Shortbox Dakota with a 5.9 Magnum swap and manual trans I'm actively working on and I am looking to get a MN12 Cougar and Coyote swap it. With things like this going on, I don't see a compelling reason to risk my daily driver when I can have purpose built go-fast cars/trucks without ruining a warranty.

There's nothing to discuss. Nobody is doing anything special or innovative for these cars. Frankly it's one of the worst car communities I've ever been apart of. Pretty much why I stopped interacting on the forums here and on the facebook groups.
That's just the internet in general, social media like Facebook, IG, Snapchat, etc. has killed the car community (including many other online communities, even local communities) by creating a perpetual high school pack mentality of online cliques, misinformation, self-absorption, toxic behavior and things that just takes the life out of something worthwhile. Really, I think the remainder of people who still have these cars are just out enjoying them and rather not be on the internet unless something new or groundbreaking comes up.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Seriously guys, where the heck is everyone at??? This part of the forum is becoming sadder and sadder by the week. Is no one out modifying their eco's anymore, making how to's, cool things they did with their car?

I realize yes all these things have been posted about, but i just feel like we've leveled off as a community compared to the 5.0 guys. I find myself more and more in the 5.0 threads just to get something interesting to read. While over here its dead and most new posts are the same over and over again.

End of rant..

There is a brand new 2.3 High Performance ecoboost incoming for MY2020 (Option 67e). Everyone is waiting in hearing the exact specifics of that new Mustang engine. It is suppose to be more responsive, bigger turbo, more cooling and a different block, etc.

So I suspect most are just in limbo waiting for Ford to drop the technical.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
For me lately it's been hot, and I don't do much with my car when it's hot. Auto x for me doesn't start back up until September and I prob won't go drag racing until October. I prefer to not race in the extreme heat we have here if I can avoid it.

Also I have been hugely distracted by the c8 Vette and Supra lately.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I ran a 9.75 at 140, full street car. The is a small group of us that still push these really hard, no one posts on here anymore.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member

I ran a 9.75 at 140, full street car. The is a small group of us that still push these really hard, no one posts on here anymore.
Where are you located in norcal? I've been wanting to talk with someone whose really pushed the car!

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Where are you located in norcal? I've been wanting to talk with someone whose really pushed the car!
Im up near Auburn. We have a good group on FB called Let's Break Some Ecoboosts, we do a lot of talking on there, if your looking to ask questions go on there, lots of good tech.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
This ecoboom thing it comes up every other thread, what is it, when does it happens, what does it damages, what causes it?
if i pushed my engine past it physical limit would it be called ecoboom?
what about usig a 93octane tune wit 89 octane fuel, would that be called ecoboom?

I have never seen it, i never have had a client that ecoboomed i have never heard of anyone local to me that ecoboomed, and where i live we have 90 degees high humidity weather the whole year, terrible traffic, some of the worst quality fuel available and some of the cheapest owners and no ecoboom.

IMO whoever comes crying ecoboom without actually happening to them should be banned from this forum.
Maybe cause those around you dont mod the car? This is primarily a "modify your car" forum, and this 4cyl seems susceptible to throwin a rod after some mods and pushin it hard (not every car). So, to answer OP's question why this part of the forum is dyin.... answer is.. whats been done has been talked about and many feel it is no longer really worth the risk to mod the car and push it past its stock parameters for 20 more hp.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Maybe cause those around you dont mod the car? This is primarily a "modify your car" forum, and this 4cyl seems susceptible to throwin a rod after some mods and pushin it hard (not every car). So, to answer OP's question why this part of the forum is dyin.... answer is.. whats been done has been talked about and many feel it is no longer really worth the risk to mod the car and push it past its stock parameters for 20 more hp.
I tune them so i pretty much spend my time between modded cars, and yes you can bend rods with a stock turbo or push a head gasket, but i wouldn't consider that ecoboom, ill bet you a sixpack of beer you havent experienced ecoboom or a "pushing the engine too hard" type of failure in your EBM.

Reactions: Cxp

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
I tune them so i pretty much spend my time between modded cars, and yes you can bend rods with a stock turbo or push a head gasket, but i wouldn't consider that ecoboom, ill bet you a sixpack of beer you havent experienced ecoboom or a "pushing the engine too hard" type of failure in your EBM.
I bought a 15' ecoboost 50yr edition. Only 600 or so came into japan and i was one of the first to put my order down. Threw a rod at 10k miles with a 91 tune. So now ive got the gt with bolt ons. 25k miles in.

Pretty sure ecoboom is when an ecoboost engine goes boom.
Sponsored