Sponsored

Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I was never a fan of the GT350 as a $60k car plus all the crazy adm's, but seeing them in the mid to low $40k now has completely turned me onto them
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I was never a fan of the GT350 as a $60k car plus all the crazy adm's, but seeing them in the mid to low $40k now has completely turned me onto them
I would not trust a used one.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've never driven a GT350, but one thing I can compare is sound. I much prefer the sound of a cross plane crank Ford. The 350s are more rare than a garden variety GT which makes them a bit more interesting, but I'm not sure I would have bought one had I been looking at that price point.

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
Its obvious you have never driven a 350...
No it isn't, what's obvious is that you have never driven a stage two mustang. I know you love your car, and you should, it looks & sounds bad ass & has some serious grip. When got done driving my friends R and got back in mine, I felt like I was in a rocket. It just didn't thrill me like my Vert does. Put another 125-50 down to the wheels, then you'll have something special.

Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
No it isn't, what's obvious is that you have never driven a stage two mustang. I know you love your car, and you should, it looks & sounds bad ass & has some serious grip. When got done driving my friends R and got back in mine, I felt like I was in a rocket. It just didn't thrill me like my Vert does. Put another 125-50 down to the wheels, then you'll have something special.
Why don't you share what you've done to make your car faster than the R.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Another 150 down sounds like my ZL1

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
Why don't you share what you've done to make your car faster than the R.
I put a Roush stage I supercharger on the car, and it dyno'd at 525. ( no "adjustments" in the dyno ) Then I went to stage II which is supposed to add another 57 hp at the crank, so it probably has around 550 to the wheels. It also has Steeda linear springs, shocks, struts, sway bars, Borla cat back and a 3.73 rear end. It's almost like an everyday supercar. Drives normal until you get on it, then it lets loose. It still has half down Pirrellis on it. When they're gone I'll give it some 4s's.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I put a Roush stage I supercharger on the car, and it dyno'd at 525. ( no "adjustments" in the dyno ) Then I went to stage II which is supposed to add another 57 hp at the crank, so it probably has around 550 to the wheels. It also has Steeda linear springs, shocks, struts, sway bars, Borla cat back and a 3.73 rear end. It's almost like an everyday supercar. Drives normal until you get on it, then it lets loose. It still has half down Pirrellis on it. When they're gone I'll give it some 4s's.
I believe people think you're saying your car will outhandle a 350 in the turns, which it won't. That's physics. On a straight road, the supercharger is obviously going to do some work.

Skate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang convertible
I believe people think you're saying your car will outhandle a 350 in the turns, which it won't. That's physics. On a straight road, the supercharger is obviously going to do some work.
No I'm not saying that, it won't. But it does pretty well. It's a vert and I have no plans on tracking it. The car is a gas to drive. The 350 just doesn't have the surge that I never get tired of.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I got the chance to talk/hang with an apparently local '17 GT350 owner. We talked for a while and both left to go to another establishment closer to home. He led the way taking the country back roads and I can tell he was on it during s turns and curves. I knew horsepower wasn't an issue but I wasn't concerned with that, I thought here was my chance to run with a GT350 (which I rarely see around) to see how mine handled and kept up with all my suspension upgrades listed below. I will admittedly say that holy sh*t he handled those turns very well which I expected, and wow that exhaust sounded good. Mine handled those turns very well also, he didn't lose me anywhere. He himself mentioned how I kept with him at our next stop. Now I realize we weren't on an open track and we aren't experienced racers, and I'm sure as h*ll not here to bash the GT350, how can I? But it was nice to see what my hard earned money got me in Steeda suspension upgrades, and wheels and tires.

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
The powerband of the GT350 is really high for the street
and like all ford small blocks lacks they torque of the chevys
and HEMIs...Thats my beef

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Most GT's wont. Especially if the 350 has the Magnaride. However, it has been stated by a number of reviewers who drive both extensively, that the PP2 is essentially identical in handling, but with a coyote engine. The other, is that if you throw enough money at a GT suspension, you can build one up to handle better than a 350 on the track, especially if its appropriately lowered with the right struts springs, etc. There's plenty of guys who have specifically track built there GT's with custom wheels (17's), etc, that will rip apart the track even better than a 350. However, their normal daily driving pleasure is very low, and by the time you got there, you might as well have bought a 350.

That said, if I was to start approaching $60k+, I would rather just go C8 'Vette at that point. A superior car for everyday use.

Last edited:

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No I'm not saying that, it won't. But it does pretty well. It's a vert and I have no plans on tracking it. The car is a gas to drive. The 350 just doesn't have the surge that I never get tired of.
I didn’t know you couldn’t FI the GT350?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I would take one if I could afford one.
I'm fine with my GT. I didn't want a manual(yes I can drive one) anyways and the 5.0 loves the DA BOOST!!! lol

But in reality you can turn a GT into a GT350 pretty affordable. Other than the motor of course.
Sponsored