Sponsored

Steeda Mustang GT 3.5" 1350 Series Aluminum Driveshaft (Video Review)

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
How about a version for the 18+ eco with the a10?
There are no current plans.

We will let the forum know if that plan changes.

TJ
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Steeda wants our customers to be 100% happy. Period. If you feel there is an issue with the driveshaft, it can be exchanged or returned. We have over 31 years supporting the industry & that doesn’t happen without exemplary products and customer service.

The driveshafts are perfectly balanced, however, due to their one-piece design, it will not absorb vibrations that ALREADY exist in the differential or the engine/transmission. The one-piece driveshaft will actually exaggerate it but the vibration is not a product of the driveshaft.

Let me know if I can help assist further at [email protected].

TJ
Hey TJ,

Thanks for the detailed response. I think that’s what a lot of us wanted to hear is that IF there is any NVH after an install of ANY aftermarket driveshaft, the installer (or owner) will have to further diagnose what is causing the NVH by process of elimination. Driveshafts go through rigorous testing before any manufacturer even decides to let them loose to the public. I know there are quite a few threads on other Aluminum DS’s and NVH, but I’d be willing to bet some of those NVH concerns were related to other components of the drivetrain that needed to be adjusted and not just a manufacturing concern with “ABCD’s” Driveshaft.

The biggest and most important thing any owner or installer should do BEFORE removing any driveshaft is using a light colored crayon or “wax” pen, scribe index marks at the front trans flange and front DS flange, also make the same marks at the rear diff DS/pinion flanges. This is a point of reference for how the original was not only installed, but how it was balanced to the vehicle in the event the owner or installer needs to put the original back into the car.

Just curious, will Steeda have a DIY install video to go over what owners should do while installing an aftermarket driveshaft or chasing down NVH issues after an install? It would defiantly be educational for many on this site.

Always love Steeda parts - have them on my 94 Cobra and some pieces for my S550.

Any idea why Steeda is not investing in making a similar DS for the EB 10R80?