Sponsored

Continental, ExtremeContact SPORT tire review -with Motec Data (MotoIQ)

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
How did you get that second pic? it really looks like its mounted inside-out.
LOL :doh: you are right! That's my rear passenger tire and it is mounted incorrectly :frusty: Thanks for spotting that for me! I guess I'll stop by the shop and get it mounted correctly. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I too just got these a week ago and I love them. Highly recommend!

Sooty M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP - Guard W/Black OTTS
LOL :doh: you are right! That's my rear passenger tire and it is mounted incorrectly :frusty: Thanks for spotting that for me! I guess I'll stop by the shop and get it mounted correctly. :thumbsup:
No probs man, I just want you to be safe and enjoy your new shoes. I am looking forward to getting some time on these this Saturday

nt1fok2.jpg

Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Wow, might want to think about finding a new tire shop...
Not a major problem, but it was an inconvenience. Been going to them for a few years now and they always treat you like family so I wasn't mad at them for a small error. I was well taken care of when I notified them about the issue. They also do a pretty good job of not damaging the wheels, even cleaned the wheels nicely after installing them.

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
Amazing tires... especially when compared to the cost of the new Pilot Sport 4S.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Anyone notice the price on these tires have gone up a little over $100 per pair of tires? Where are you guys buying these tires from?

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I got mine from Tirerack. Usually Discount Tire is close enough in price to go with them but they were almost four hundred more.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
About a month ago I paid 430 with free shipping for my rear tires from tirerack thru Ebay and now they are over 500 for the same tires. I guess vendors are noticing that people are into these tires and are jacking up the price.

Sponsored

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
About a month ago I paid 430 with free shipping for my rear tires from tirerack thru Ebay and now they are over 500 for the same tires. I guess vendors are noticing that people are into these tires and are jacking up the price.
From tire rack, the 285/35/19's O got have dropped 10 dollars since I ordered them last. there is a huge price increase on some sizes like the 295/35/19

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
After reading this thread and LOTS of reviews on other sites I pulled the trigger on these tires and had them installed on the rear of my car, 255/40/19. The good.. They hook really well, lots of traction in a straight line and cornering. Low noise and comfortable ride. The bad... I’m not sure if it’s the size of my tires or if I received a set of faulty tires but these have the worst driving feel of any tire I’ve ever driven. The sidewalls flex so much that I thought the lug nuts were not properly torqued. The best way to describe it is a wallowing left to right movement, almost like they’re under inflated and folding over. I thought I would get used to it but after driving on the freeway for a while and changing lanes, merging, etc I am heading back to the tire store to take Continental up on their 60 day satisfaction guarantee. Mine were manufactured (3716) so I’m not sure if I received a bad early run or what because 95% of the research I’ve found is really positive. I’m glad they worked out for others though, the traction is excellent if that’s all your after.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I know what you mean..put a pair of these tires up front and after a short time decided not to go with them for rears..felt like my front sway bar was no longer doing it's job..

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I know what you mean..put a pair of these tires up front and after a short time decided not to go with them for rears..felt like my front sway bar was no longer doing it's job..
That’s a good way to describe it too. I can’t imagine what a set of four would feel like. What size are you running? I’m really surprised I didn’t find more people with the same experience, I must have read over 100 reviews and everyone seemed to absolutely love them. Heading to the tire store this morning to see how easy the 60 day guarantee is on switching out for a different brand of tires. I feel like an a$$hole for taking tires back but I can’t stand soft sidewalls.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I almost purchased these, never heard anyone say this... interesting
Sponsored