Sponsored

Incompitent Dealership, what would you do?

Sturgeon General

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Griz
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Took my '18 Ecoboost in for the 2nd of 2 free services from the dealership I purchased it from. Later in the day I figured I'd check the oil, just for peace of mind because I have no respect for the professionalism of this dealership...

Unfortunately they were the only one to have the color and configuration I was looking for. This was the first new car I ever bought but every step of the process was uncomfortable. Uninformed salesmen, emailed prices that they would not honor and acted like I was trying to scam them, THREE temporary tags because apparently they only have one employee who can handle registrations and they were on vacation.
I bit my tongue because I thought these are the people who will work on my car if anything goes wrong.

After the service, I checked my dipstick and the oil doesn't even reach the hatches. I'd let the car sit for 10hrs, sitting level in a parking garage.

How do I handle this negligence from the dealership? I need to buy at least a quart and a half of oil. Should I charge them for that? Ask for additional services?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Take a dated pic or vid showing the low oil and then bring it back to Dealer.

Check to make sure you have no leaks like loose drain plug or oil filter...

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Took my '18 Ecoboost in for the 2nd of 2 free services from the dealership I purchased it from. Later in the day I figured I'd check the oil, just for peace of mind because I have no respect for the professionalism of this dealership...

Unfortunately they were the only one to have the color and configuration I was looking for. This was the first new car I ever bought but every step of the process was uncomfortable. Uninformed salesmen, emailed prices that they would not honor and acted like I was trying to scam them, THREE temporary tags because apparently they only have one employee who can handle registrations and they were on vacation.
I bit my tongue because I thought these are the people who will work on my car if anything goes wrong.

After the service, I checked my dipstick and the oil doesn't even reach the hatches. I'd let the car sit for 10hrs, sitting level in a parking garage.

How do I handle this negligence from the dealership? I need to buy at least a quart and a half of oil. Should I charge them for that? Ask for additional services?
2 choices, phone them up and tell them to send a technician around to your place with the oil to rectify the issue as you are not prepared to drive it with an engine oil under-fill OR get the oil, keep the receipt and present it to them for reimbursement.

My dealer over filled my '17 by 2 litres and I also spent two days mopping up all the oil in my garage and de-greasing the underside of my car where they took the filter off and couldn't be bothered to clean up the drainage mess.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with post #4.

I went to my dealer not long ago to get my oil changed, that went fine, however I told them a number of times not to the rotate the tires ( I had them done the day before at tire shop), looked over into the open bay and the guy was rotating my tires, ran over and told him to change them back.

This after an hour before my car was put on a lift even though I had a scheduled appt., probably won't go back there, the tire shop changes oil too, trust them more.

TC (steamed like a baked potato ..at the situation)

Fjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT fastback
Note - you do NOT have to go to that dealership just because you bought the car there. You can go to any dealership for warranty work.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
My cheap economy daily driver I bought new i get lifetime oil changes. I still do them myself with synthetic and know it’s done right without any damages. I only use dealerships to buy a car and for warranty work otherwise I avoid them like the plaque.

My 18’ Mustang I took it to the local Ford dealer for a simple alignment a few weeks ago and they screwed that up. They nicked my brand new wheels with the things that attach to the wheels.

The alignment was still way off. I had to have it realigned at another shop. Blasted them on the Ford survey about how bad it was and then got a call from the dealership refunding me the money I spent on the alignment.

I usually don’t fill out surveys but I was so frustrated about the alignment and the time I wasted with only having to have it realigned again.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Are you letting it sit for 10 hours? Drive till it hits "normal" temps then sit for 15 MINUTES then check.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you letting it sit for 10 hours? Drive till it hits "normal" temps then sit for 15 MINUTES then check.
I think that only applies to the GT

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
I do not think I would even use any free oil changes, the less the dealership touches my car the better in my eyes unless its warranty related work. I say just do the oil change yourself completely like if it was not even done and have a peace of mind that way.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....How do I handle this negligence from the dealership? I need to buy at least a quart and a half of oil. Should I charge them for that? Ask for additional services?
Add the oil, and forget about them.

Is this really worth your time, effort and energy?

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Is there another dealer in your area? I use our Lincoln dealer for recall work on my F150. They are faster and much nicer. My Mustang dealer is awesome, and there are 2 other Ford dealers closer to me that I don't use.
Sponsored