Sponsored

Cell phone thread: What are you using?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm ok with Hyundai, I had one that lasted 320k+ miles. I just chose a car I don't like to represent Apple, and I tend to dislike Honda Civics lol
That was pretty clear to me. I've had a few iphones and very few problems. The Accord I owned was constantly broken. So - I think it's unfair to compare Apple to a Honda. IMO Apple is great and Honda sucks.

I've never "test driven" the competition, but I get everything I need from the phone I currently have.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Had a iPhone 6 for 3 years. Was still working great but gave it to someone who needed a phone. I’ve had my iPhone 7 now for 2&1/2 years and still working great just like my 6 did.

It does everything I need. I’m not interested in upgrading to a newer generation iPhone.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
My AT&T phone service store had 2 for 1 deal. I did pay $999 for a new Samsung S10 Plus but I received a free S10 E as well. So we got 2 new phones.
It's a business expense so why not have the best? The camera and video capturing is amazing.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Galaxy S7. Love the phone, but if I'm gonna keep it much longer the battery needs to be changed. Really don't need to upgrade so I'll probably change it out or have someone do it.

Sponsored

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
iPhone 8+
Had a 6+ for quite awhile and was happy with it until it got the shaky screen of death.
Just upgraded the better half from a 6+ to an XR.
We dont have any cell service at home, so for us to text one another when one person is out, it's much easier to do since Apple uses WiFi to text from one Apple to another.

Mr.Mustang_55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
German
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 and 2018 Nissan Rogue
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using a One Plus 6T best phone I have ever had and it only cost $550 and performs better than my old galaxy S8+

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Looking for a new phone with a swappable battery. Anyone have any thoughts?

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...been using an iphone 7 until it fell out of my pocket. (don't need no steenk'n case)
Now an iphone Xs.
To me, a better iPhone..........

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
HomTom HT10 for shooting in car video, I don't use it for a phone just for videos. Super cheap direct from China and it works well. I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4 for a phone, also super cheap and readily available in North America. If this phone had Crapple or Slamsung on it they would want a thousand bucks for it.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I am really screwed. I have an iPhone 5c and Windows 7 (both are not going to be supported next year).

I'd rather buy new tires and wheels for my cars. Most of us got the bug up our butt years ago for fast cars.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Had a iPhone 6 for 3 years. Was still working great but gave it to someone who needed a phone. I’ve had my iPhone 7 now for 2&1/2 years and still working great just like my 6 did.

It does everything I need. I’m not interested in upgrading to a newer generation iPhone.
Well I tried to hold out but my 7 started screwing up. Among other annoying things it started doing was the charging port was getting loose. Even tho it would be plugged in sometimes it wasn’t charging at all only and I would find out my battery was almost dead.

Got a good discount on a new iPhone XR yesterday. The best feature I like is the wireless charging. Less use with the charging port. Hopefully I’ll get more years out of this than my 7.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
iPhone se. zero intent to upgrade, love the function and size
Sponsored