Installed Trans. Bushing insert, now lots of vibrations

lootinleoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I installed my transmission mount bushing insert....and since then driving now I’m definitely getting vibrations you can feel through entire car...not constant just light accelerations around town going around 25-45 mph...and below 3k rpms. But it’s kind of annoying and makes driving around town not pleasant like something is failing...I know NVH will happen to mods to improve suspension on these cars but damn...I might take it out unless anyone else has experienced this then I know I’m not making it worse for the car...any input or suggestions...
Sponsored

FightingFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
A transmission bushing is not part of the suspension! :wink:

Wich one did you use?
How did you install it?
What was your goal with the bushing?

Increased NVH is typical for many busings, especially hard ones.

jr1050

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I installed ours last night and noticed the same thing, which was expected. We only got to try it on the way in to work this morning (wife and I work for the same employer) so we need more seat time to see if I should make any changes to it. My wife likes the feel of the shifter better especially on harder shifts.

My thoughts are that it may have a slight break in period to it so I want to wait it out.

One option you have is to remove it, then drill anywhere from a 0.5" to 1.0" hole in the center of the lower flat portion of the bushing and this can help reduce the NVH but keep the benefit to the firmer shifts.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I did a little testing with a Whiteline bushing insert.
Whiteline was way too stiff. Drilled a few holes in the flat bottom.
That did a little to calm down the NVH. Then I fully removed the bottom flat portion and left the 2 upper portions. Much better and still stiffened up compared to stock.

SO, with that, I added the Steeda upper mount and bracket, did the Boomba short shifter, then did a fluid change. 1000% better shifting and never got the 1-2 nibble since.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
SO, with that, I added the Steeda upper mount and bracket, did the Boomba short shifter, then did a fluid change. 1000% better shifting and never got the 1-2 nibble since.
Amazing transformation from a few simple parts isn't it.
Care to mention what trans fluid you used ?

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I might take it out unless anyone else has experienced this then I know I’m not making it worse for the car...any input or suggestions...
The Steeda trans mount insert is the best of the bunch. I die punched a .875 hole in the center of the middle leg and chamfered the leading edge of top and bottom of hole.
Perfect amount of feel and near zero NVH.

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Royal purple syncromax.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I understand the bushing really helps when using the stock shifter. I will be replacing mine with a MGW and was going to order this bushing also, but after thinking about it, now that the shifter will be attached to the trans and not the body, is it even necessary?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I’ve never heard of anyone using both. I don’t think the bushing will fit with the mgw anyway.
Sponsored