Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 stage 2 IAT Temps

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I just got my edelbrock 2650 stage 2 blower installed yesterday, the IATs on the dash creep up to about 160 after while with no hard throttling even cruising on the highway.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Update: problem has been fixed.the intercooler system needed to be bleed.

Turns out there's a microprocessor in the water pump that will shut off if theres air in the system per the Installation manual.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Sounds like your not moving any water through the system. That’s the only way it would get that high

Things to check:
Is the intercooler reservoir tank filled to the fill line?
With key on power, is the coolant circulating vigorously in the tank?
Do you have an aftermarket grille that inhibits airflow through the heat exchanger?

Cruising IATs will vary depending on ambient air temperature as well. They will rise at low speed but should drop down once you get moving.

OP
OP

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Things to check:

Yes

No

Do you have an aftermarket grille that inhibits airflow through the heat exchanger?

No

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
Sounds like your not moving any water through the system. That’s the only way it would get that high

Things to check:

Cruising IATs will vary depending on ambient air temperature as well. They will rise at low speed but should drop down once you get moving.

Yeah those are really high....I would guess heat exchanger pump

The car is going to reduce power at probably anything over 130 degrees

I would expect IAT's to be 18-20 degrees above ambient when driving at freeway speeds. My G8 might climb to 40 degrees above ambient while sitting in bumper to bumper but immediately cools down once I start driving.

Someone needs to build a bigger tank/resi so you can add more fluid to the system. The more fluid the better and I'm sure it could use more than just wants the heat exchanger and blower could hold.

HRSEPLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
A Bunch
Yes, the only way your IAT is that high is if the pump is not moving water.

Sponsored

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
Do they use a fuse tab to grab power for the pump?

Fuse?

The pumps are typically very loud when the car is off you will know if it''s not working.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Things to check:

Yes

No

No
It sounds like your pump is bad or it's not wired correctly. Also if the pump is starved it will not run. Double check your connections and if that's all good get a hold of Tony and he will probably ship a new pump out to you asap!

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I just got my edelbrock 2650 stage 2 blower installed yesterday, the IATs on the dash creep up to about 160 after while with no hard throttling even cruising on the highway.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Update: problem has been fixed. IAT is not amibeint. the intercooler system needed to be bleed.

Turns out there's a microprocessor in the water pump that will shut off if theres air in the system per the Installation manual.
OP: i just installed my stage 2 and either you need to bleed the air out and/or something is not wired correctly. The kit has a wiring harness that is plug and play and uses the evap circuit to trigger. If installed correctly, you will hear the pump start circulating as soon as you open the drivers door. PM and i can help ya out.

Last edited:

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do they use a fuse tab to grab power for the pump?

Fuse?

The pumps are typically very loud when the car is off you will know if it''s not working.
i have the 2650 installed on mine and can defiantly here the pump running when the car is off... Sort of peace of mind hearing it run
Sponsored