Sponsored

Gt350 or C8

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Oh God, here we go again. That's what they said about the Z28, Ford can never match that suspension!!!:cwl:
Umm, no... Z28 was not a mid engine car, it had the same layout and the same limitations as other front engine cars.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Umm, no... Z28 was not a mid engine car, it had the same layout and the same limitations as other front engine cars.
Point being many said Ford would never match the suspension o the Z28. All gloom and doom. Its the driver stupid. (not referring to you)

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Point being many said Ford would never match the suspension o the Z28. All gloom and doom. Its the driver stupid. (not referring to you)
i don't know what idiot's you are talking about that said Ford couldn't match the performance of a 3800 lb 4 seat front engined V-8 Z-28 with a 3800 lb 4 seat front engined V-8 Mustang, but clearly they were mistaken.

Now, how either would match the performace of a mid engine 3400 lb V-8 powered car is a whole other question.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I say buy the best of each. 2019 gt350, 2020 gt350r, and at some later date c8 zr1.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
C8 is more Supercar than Sports Car anymore. It might be barely stepping into it but it has its foot in the door. At 60K no ADM over the Shelby GT500 with up to 50K ADM's....it's a no brainer. I would hope you as some people here have found them with less than 5K ADM. The only reason the GT350 has a dog in the fight is the manual gear box. I honesty am debating between a 13 ZR1 and a new Shelby GT350R. I hate every body style after the C6 to be honest. Looks wise the GT350 can't touch the 13 ZR1....it's opinion. It's also no slouch to say the least. Other Ford forums are really digging into this topic...Chevy is loving every second of it no doubt. C8 is a GAME CHANGER and being a Ford guy I don't say that lightly.
The C8 definitely is designed similar to many Ferraris - to be driven gently to Cars and Coffee or the golf course. It isn't set up as a maximum effort sports car. That's why it's going to weigh so much, have nice large storage areas and every one will have the lift off roof panel. Because looking good is the top priority.

So your defense is... .all season tires? sorry, if I buy a C8, I won't bring I to the track on all season tires.

Further, Z51 cars will still be priced competitively with a GT350 so there's that.

Car has some pretty large brakes, I think you're in for a rude awakening,
So are you trying to say that the C8 is not the C8? The C8 really does out perform the GT500 because the all season tires don't count?

Maybe you don't know this, but there has always been a huge abyss in performance between the base and higher optioned Corvettes. I would be very surprised if that changes.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
i don't know what idiot's you are talking about that said Ford couldn't match the performance of a 3800 lb 4 door front engined V-8 Z-28 with a 3800 lb 4 door front engined V-8 Mustang, but clearly they were mistaken.

Now, how either would match the performace of a mid engine 3400 lb V-8 powered car is a whole other question.
3400 dry.

My point is, they dont, the driver does

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
JT1

So are you trying to say that the C8 is not the C8? The C8 really does out perform the GT500 because the all season tires don't count?

Maybe you don't know this, but there has always been a huge abyss in performance between the base and higher optioned Corvettes. I would be very surprised if that changes.
This is the same guy who tried to argue that the GT500 and the c8 where in the same class of car because the were in the same price range but ignored what he was saying when I pointed out that the BMW X5 was in the same price range so it was in the same class of cars as the c8 according to his argument.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
JT1

This is the same guy who tried to argue that the GT500 and the c8 where in the same class of car because the were in the same price range but ignored what he was saying when I pointed out that the BMW X5 was in the same price range so it was in the same class of cars as the c8 according to his argument.
Sorry, but I actually agree with him on that point. I do partially agree with you that some people prefer Mustang and won't look at Corvette (and vice versa), but both Mustang and Corvette fit into the "high performance car" category. I know when I was considering buying the GT350 I definitely cross-shopped the Corvette. Now I'm in a Corvette instead of a Mustang (granted it's an old Corvette). I miss the Voodoo engine quite a bit but love the C5 chassis. I miss the roomier Mustang cabin as well. So there are definitely comparisons to be made and I don't think I'm the only one that will cross shop the cars.

Of course - no manual on the C8 means it's a no go for me. I still think some other people will cross shop them.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Of course - no manual on the C8 means it's a no go for me. I still think some other people will cross shop them.
With out a doubt. I may go and test drive one just for the experience once all the hoopla quiets down don't faint I have driven a new c6 and c7 before.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
JT1

They are both 60K performance cars, which is the same "class". The subject of this thread is GT350 or C8. You are really thick headed.
This thread is GT350 or C8. Not GT500 or C8. But I'll bite, the c8 will outperform the regular GT350 in all performance metrics, even on the shitty tires.

The Z51 will outperform the R and the GT500.