Sponsored

Installing the ROUSH rear Valence with Quad tips on a Base bumper

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sorry to bring this back form the dead but does anyone know if the Roush valance w/ backup sensors will cover the outer sensor holes on the base bumper? They seem really far out there and so far I haven't seen anyone have this issue. ..oddly I didn't even realize backup sensors weren't standard on Base models.
rearbumper.JPG
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
So a friend and I attempted this install last night and we have the center piece (main portion/diffuser) bolted up perfectly. However, the two side pieces don't look that great. They're currently ziptied on just to keep them in place, but there's a gap on both sides in between these side pieces and the bumper.

How do I get the two side pieces to sit flush against the bumper? Thinking of buying some glue, sending glue into the gaps, and then clamping it down while waiting for the glue to dry. I'll try to get a pic for you all later.

For anyone attempting this install, it blows. Make sure you have the proper tools before you start, as well as an entire day set aside for any mishaps and/or trips to the hardware store.

Pro TIp: A plug-in dremel with a metal cutting wheel will slice through the bumper with ease!

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
So a friend and I attempted this install last night and we have the center piece (main portion/diffuser) bolted up perfectly. However, the two side pieces don't look that great. They're currently ziptied on just to keep them in place, but there's a gap on both sides in between these side pieces and the bumper.

How do I get the two side pieces to sit flush against the bumper? Thinking of buying some glue, sending glue into the gaps, and then clamping it down while waiting for the glue to dry. I'll try to get a pic for you all later.

For anyone attempting this install, it blows. Make sure you have the proper tools before you start, as well as an entire day set aside for any mishaps and/or trips to the hardware store.

Pro TIp: A plug-in dremel with a metal cutting wheel will slice through the bumper with ease!
I have done this. I have tried every kind of 3m tape and it still doesn’t sit flush. I zip tied underneath to pull it closer.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have done this. I have tried every kind of 3m tape and it still doesn’t sit flush. I zip tied underneath to pull it closer.
That’s disheartening to hear. :(

Here’s what I’m working with. To add the icing on the cake, I was sent the wrong exhaust tips, so I’m still rocking the singles for now.
upload_2019-3-12_15-57-24.jpeg
upload_2019-3-12_15-57-43.jpeg

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I used JB Weld and clamps to adjust the side portions of the Roush valence, and I'd say the install looks 90%. For those attempting this, it's real tough to get it perfect. If you're OCD, you'll hate it, lol.

Sponsored

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Sorry to bring this back form the dead but does anyone know if the Roush valance w/ backup sensors will cover the outer sensor holes on the base bumper? They seem really far out there and so far I haven't seen anyone have this issue. ..oddly I didn't even realize backup sensors weren't standard on Base models.
rearbumper.JPG
I'd like to know this as well. Has anyone verified? Thanks!

Hot_nick_stacker_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt competition Orange
Update: I used JB Weld and clamps to adjust the side portions of the Roush valence, and I'd say the install looks 90%. For those attempting this, it's real tough to get it perfect. If you're OCD, you'll hate it, lol.
Hey guys I just now installed the aftermarket Roush Valance weather active Roush exhaust on my GT Mustang and I have this Gap and I have OCD LOL does J-B Weld work do you have pictures

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I have tried all kinds of stuff and I still have the gap.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same gap on my bumper too. It is what it is.

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Last edited:

kapomatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP
I'm going to attempt this in the near future. Are you guys using 4" quad exhaust tips or a different size?

Jfuggint

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just pushed the pins through both the bumper and the new valance pieces. Might have been easier if I removed them but I was concerned that it would put extra stress on the 3M tape holding the side wings to the bumper and it may eventually pull away...then you have a flapping cover in the wind.

-C
5 years later, would a nut and bolt be better here? I’ve ordered mine and waiting for it.
Sponsored