Sponsored

2017 GT350 or Brand new GT PP2

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
So Why the hell they release a PP2 with Cup 2 tyres, track tuned suspension and ABS if you can't go 2 rounds on a track occasionally? It does not make too much sense...

Just the tyres alone is a track specific tyre
It doesn't... but the car WILL go into limp mode because you over heated the trans or diff if you go to an event with longer sessions.

it should be the auto cross edition.

Fixed. :sunglasses:

I'm sorry (but not really) but I find the Bullitt completely pointless.
i know right? CAN I GET SOME HIGHLAND GREEN IN A SHELBY!

honestly i just want the color... please put in on a car that doesn't stick me with an MT-82 and leather recaros.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Personally, I hate the new front end of the 18-19 mustangs.... It's a reason they went with the 16 look for the new GT500.
Well and because of a few other reasons, aerodynamic profile, radiator support and structural brackets would have needed an expensive redesign, and airflow restrictions all pointed to using the GT350's front end as a logical foundation. But several engineers have admitted that they like the 15 - 17 front profile much better and were super happy they were able to use it.

sumfoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350, 57-tbird, 61 Galaxie, 2014 Wrangler unlimited rubicon, and a 1999 F150
Well and because of a few other reasons, aerodynamic profile, radiator support and structural brackets would have needed an expensive redesign, and airflow restrictions all pointed to using the GT350's front end as a logical foundation. But several engineers have admitted that they like the 15 - 17 front profile much better and were super happy they were able to use it.
I mean c’mon
AF6F6507-A454-4ABA-88EB-794FB812BADC.jpeg

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
the pp2 would need all of the diff, trans, and engine coolers that the gt350 has for solid track work imho.

While this is an interesting anecdote can i ask your reasoning ? was it the fancy whizz bang gauges, the ride quality, or the price?

If it was the engine, transmission,or handling i would probably ask many more questions.

I ask this because, while i have driven a pp2, i haven't driven it back to back with the shelby... i have driven a bullitt

i don't realize how great my gt350 is till i let the wife drive it and i take the jeep into work.

Friendly reminder... not all vehicles redline at 8300 rpm and take turns at about any speed you feel comfortable driving on the road.
The $20k difference did factor into my decision, not that I couldn't pay it, I just didn't feel it was worth the extra $20k and extra insurance money. I just didn't feel the GT350 was the right car for me. If it was going to be a track car/car show car, sure I would go for the GT350. But this is a weekend car, take the wife out car with an occasional track day/autocross. When my kids are grown and gone I am sure I will have a dedicated track car, but for now a capable pony car. Some things about the GT350 where annoying to me. The heads up sort of tach was annoying, worrying about scraping the front splitter on every entry/exit we took, the car just felt less comfortable overall vs the PP2. It does help the PP2 has 401a and all the whizz bang guages (first time I saw a digital cluster was when I took delivery of my special order car).

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 White w/ Blue Stripes
The $20k difference did factor into my decision, not that I couldn't pay it, I just didn't feel it was worth the extra $20k and extra insurance money. I just didn't feel the GT350 was the right car for me. If it was going to be a track car/car show car, sure I would go for the GT350. But this is a weekend car, take the wife out car with an occasional track day/autocross. When my kids are grown and gone I am sure I will have a dedicated track car, but for now a capable pony car. Some things about the GT350 where annoying to me. The heads up sort of tach was annoying, worrying about scraping the front splitter on every entry/exit we took, the car just felt less comfortable overall vs the PP2. It does help the PP2 has 401a and all the whizz bang guages (first time I saw a digital cluster was when I took delivery of my special order car).
Today I was actually able to find a 2017 GT350 with 8k miles and Ford Extended warranty (7yr/100k miles) with a out the door price $4k higher than the PP2 I was negotiation. Now its a decision between a pre owned vs brand new!!! The Pp2 has more upgrades off course but the gt350 has everything needed as well. I'm on the fence now. Just reserved the gt350. lol. but already signed papers on the PP2 so still need to see if I can get out of it since I have not take delivery of the car yet (due to my fault for being overseas right now) so car is actually mine but in the dealers possession. So not sure they will cancel it without any losses my end. it has been almost a month since I signed contracts.

Would you guys go with the brand new pp2 or the used 2017 shelby? I will admit I'm confused on which one to get. good thing is any of the two will be a great car for me.

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Fixed. :sunglasses:

I'm sorry (but not really) but I find the Bullitt completely pointless.
The Bullitt is weird but I get why it exists.

The PP2 is just bizarre to me, if they would have called it a Boss 302 it would make so much more sense. All a PP2 needs to be a Boss 302 is some special aesthetics and the Gen 3 Coyote with the GT350 intake system.

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
The Bullitt is weird but I get why it exists.

The PP2 is just bizarre to me, if they would have called it a Boss 302 it would make so much more sense. All a PP2 needs to be a Boss 302 is some special aesthetics and the Gen 3 Coyote with the GT350 intake system.
Not sure Why you mean bizarre. I personally thing is by far the best GT pack out there. But agree with you, it does miss the intake system. would be nice to have that added to the package, something simple that Ford could have done. Other than that, the perfect is pretty awesome with the wide wheels and instance.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The PP2 does have the best looking wheels in my opinion of any Mustang ever but with 7k miles already on a 17 with no issues and the extended warranty I would go for the 350 every-time you drive it you will know you are in something special no other Ford product or American product can provide due to the flat plane crank in the 5.2

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Today I was actually able to find a 2017 GT350 with 8k miles and Ford Extended warranty (7yr/100k miles) with a out the door price $4k higher than the PP2 I was negotiation. Now its a decision between a pre owned vs brand new!!! The Pp2 has more upgrades off course but the gt350 has everything needed as well. I'm on the fence now. Just reserved the gt350. lol. but already signed papers on the PP2 so still need to see if I can get out of it since I have not take delivery of the car yet (due to my fault for being overseas right now) so car is actually mine but in the dealers possession. So not sure they will cancel it without any losses my end. it has been almost a month since I signed contracts.

Would you guys go with the brand new pp2 or the used 2017 shelby? I will admit I'm confused on which one to get. good thing is any of the two will be a great car for me.
GT350 all day every day.

Noisy Cricket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 (J1247) , 1957 Chevy Bel air
Vehicle Showcase

JMO, but you will not like the PP2 for your needs. The transmission is weak and the Sport Cup 2 tires will be a nightmare. They are extremely noisy, dangerous on anything but dry roads, and wear out quickly. I always thought they were putting lipstick on a pig...no offense to those that are into pigs...Ford should have made them an option and also put a better transmission in the PP2.
I think if you get the Mustang you will be jealous every time you see a Shelby drive by! Open the hood and see if it is signed by the people who hand built it...But then you ARE in the GT350 forum...we may have a bias!!

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Agree with the above that Sport Cup 2’s have no place on a daily driver and the reasons are:

- bad tramlining
- short life
- unless being completely reckless/dangerous you won’t come close to approaching their traction limit in a turn
- not good in the wet
- they throw rocks hard against the paint. When I had them they actually threw rocks into my open side window!

That tire is just to turn impressive magazine numbers.

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
JMO, but you will not like the PP2 for your needs. The transmission is weak and the Sport Cup 2 tires will be a nightmare. They are extremely noisy, dangerous on anything but dry roads, and wear out quickly. I always thought they were putting lipstick on a pig...no offense to those that are into pigs...Ford should have made them an option and also put a better transmission in the PP2.
I think if you get the Mustang you will be jealous every time you see a Shelby drive by! Open the hood and see if it is signed by the people who hand built it...But then you ARE in the GT350 forum...we may have a bias!!
I do agree. SC2 tires is the least of the problems. I can just swap then if I feel they will be a headache but I've daily driven cars with Toyo R888 tires so I know the drill on this.

Problem now is just that the car was already funded by the bank.... not sure if they will cancel it out. will know for sure tomorrow. Point is I have not taken delivery of the car but since I signed everything almost a month ago the deal is pretty much done and I just need to go there and get the car. If I succeed tomorrow in canceling it out I will get the Shelby. It not, PP2 it is. I don't think I will go wrong any of the 2. they both have their own advantages as well. For every day use I'm sure the pp2 will more useful and a bit more luxury. for a weekend warrior the Shelby will edge on the fun factor.
Sponsored