Edelbrock stage 1 2018 10 speed

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Hey everyone, I am wondering if anyone else has taken their stage 1 2650 10 speed car to the track?

This is all mine could do in 3000 DA.

I feel like this is way slower than what a car making 10 psi should run. I am currently running the Edelbrock tune.

My car is a base with 3.15 gears

3CE9EB14-F09C-4D38-B097-A9AF7820D82B.jpeg
Sponsored

turboluke9000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrapped Base Mustang GT
3000 DA sucks, so don't expect to match some of these guys that run in sub 1000. Having said that, my car did 12.5 @ 114 stock in 3500 DA, also a base with 3.15 gears. so I'd say you're definitely missing something.

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m guessing this pass was made using street tires...I would start first with lowering your sixty foot.

OP
OP
Orange 18

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Yeah I was expecting to match my friends stock hellcat mph in this weather but came up really short of that.

My second run I only ran a 12@117 with a 1.86 60’ and that was after a long cool down.

I have drag radials on the car. I had zero traction issues. The car was lazy out of the hole.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Even with that DA something doesn't seem right. I have a base 18 with just a catback and a lund e85 tune and run 11.5 to 11.7 with a mph of 123

I ran 11.7 on the stock 235 tires cutting a 1.89 60.

Sponsored

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Something holding the car back have check for engine codes

OP
OP
Orange 18

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I have sent a datalog to Edelbrock and they see nothing wrong. The car has never thrown a engine code

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
What fuel are you running? If you're on 93oct. on 10 psi, you're likely only making ~650 wheel. With a 60' like that, I'd imagine that traction control is coming on during your run and throttling you down even though you're WOT on the pedal. Get some radials on it and run it with traction off to compare.

OP
OP
Orange 18

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
What fuel are you running? If you're on 93oct. on 10 psi, you're likely only making ~650 wheel. With a 60' like that, I'd imagine that traction control is coming on during your run and throttling you down even though you're WOT on the pedal. Get some radials on it and run it with traction off to compare.
I’m on 91 octane. TC with the Edelbrock tune completely cuts all power. I never had issues at the track. I have NT05R on the car. Traction isn’t the issue. I can’t even spin them on the street

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
It's probably just 91 holding you back. I'm sure edlebrock builds a lot of protection into their tunes with knock sensors so that they don't any calls when something goes wrong and the cars push a piston out the side wall. If possible, I'd get with PBD or Lund and a 93 tune. I'd assume e85 isn't readily available which is unfortunate since that generally will provide the best protection from knock. Maybe look into utilizing boostane or some kind of ignite fuel to blend it up. 91 oct is a bitch lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Orange 18

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Yeah the Edelbrock tune is only showing around 13 degrees of timing. Even for 91, that seems rather low.

Sadly no 93 where I live. But there are plenty of e85 stations so that’s what I’ll do once I decide to void the warranty.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Ryan, nice car. Where in Kansas are you? I'm near Springfield, MO. It's good to see another Edelbrock car fairly close. I'm very interested to see what my car will do at the track. Not really into dyno numbers myself. After running my car "in mexico" vs a few e85 tuned bolt on cars, I know for a fact our base warranty tune is ultra conservative. It sucks, but I get it from a business point of view. Curious on where they get their peak hp and tq numbers from as it must be super lazy under the curve. Still a fun car, with lots of future potential. The warranty is helping me stay focused on getting it paid off before I go too crazy with mods. I've heard it's going to run us close to $4k to upgrade to e85 as we are already at the limits of the injectors/fuel system. Researching meth injection as an alternative... but honestly just a more aggressive tune will probably make the most difference to our cars.

OP
OP
Orange 18

Orange 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Hey Ryan, nice car. Where in Kansas are you? I'm near Springfield, MO. It's good to see another Edelbrock car fairly close. I'm very interested to see what my car will do at the track. Not really into dyno numbers myself. After running my car "in mexico" vs a few e85 tuned bolt on cars, I know for a fact our base warranty tune is ultra conservative. It sucks, but I get it from a business point of view. Curious on where they get their peak hp and tq numbers from as it must be super lazy under the curve. Still a fun car, with lots of future potential. The warranty is helping me stay focused on getting it paid off before I go too crazy with mods. I've heard it's going to run us close to $4k to upgrade to e85 as we are already at the limits of the injectors/fuel system. Researching meth injection as an alternative... but honestly just a more aggressive tune will probably make the most difference to our cars.

I am in Wichita. Yeah I never have cared to dyno since it’s a tuning tool and the track is the best way to know. Im curious what you will run at the track. Have you had issues beating bolt on cars? Im glad to know I am not the only one who thinks the tune seems lazy and doesn’t really seem like it’s making what they claim. Yeah I thought of going e85 soon but the warranty is nice to have.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am in Wichita. Yeah I never have cared to dyno since it’s a tuning tool and the track is the best way to know. Im curious what you will run at the track. Have you had issues beating bolt on cars? Im glad to know I am not the only one who thinks the tune seems lazy and doesn’t really seem like it’s making what they claim. Yeah I thought of going e85 soon but the warranty is nice to have.
So.... around Springfield... it's a different world now. There were full drag setup cars that refused to run me from a dig when I'm on stock suspension and street tires. lol I had a lot of issues "roll" racing with the A10 my first outing. I couldn't get the car to hold a gear then auto shift. No matter how quickly I moved the shifter the car would haze the tires and hit the limiter and fall on it's face before it would shift up. Frustrating. I should have known better than playing their game. It did it twice and both guys were online bragging about beating a 750HP car. I switched to just waiting of my A10 to downshift and go.... that would get out a few car lengths each time I would run them down and start going around them, they would shut down and brag again about beating me. Kids these days. :eyeroll: But it's good to have a car back out again. I'm honestly on the fence about the warranty. I have a feeling if things go south they will find ANY way not to honor it anyway...

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Doesn't look like you're building boost,, Have you checked the bypass valve to ensure it is closing ??
Sponsored