Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Sorry, This was for the GT350 Forum.

There are other posts addressing the Cyl Block Rear Plate but some of the information, especially the part number seemed a little mixed up so here is a post explaining my experience with this issue.

Noise:

The easiest way to get my Shelby to make the noise was accelerate up to 5500RPM and push the clutch in and let off the gas. At that RPM with the load taken off the clutch, the engine/drivetrain vibration/harmonics caused an unusual sound. It was a combination of a rattle and a vibration coming from a metal part.

Contacting local Ford Dealer:

I talked to the service manager and he assigned me a senior service advisor. This makes a big difference as many of you may know. He provided inside storage for the Shelby, senior technicians and was willing to listen to what I was experiencing.

In addition to describing what I was hearing I also provide the service advisor with a couple posts from you guys (MUSTANG6G site).

Solution:

The they replaced the Cyl Block Rear Plate. One thing I wanted to pass on was the old Part number is no longer available. Here is the number for the updated Block Plate. FR3Z7007B

Let me know if you need any other information. I also can get a picture of the new plate when I bring the Shelby in on the lift tonight. The attached pictures are of the plate that was taken off my car.

Thanks for all the good information you guys provided. I would not have known how to proceed without it.

Thanks again.
plate.jpg
plate2.jpg
Sponsored

MustangNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt and 2017 Shelby GT350
Do you know how long the procedure was? I need to do this also but just the idea that the transmission needs to come undone at the dealership worries me. I may just have to bite the bullet. Im just afraid that it will be the first time the dealership techs are doing something like this and would like my car to not be the first test subject.

OP
OP
Frank.Herbst

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Keeping my response short.
1. Ask to talk with the service manager.
2. Request senior Shelby tech.
3. Work was done in one day. My car was there a couple days waiting for my tech though. They keept the Shelby inside for me.
Let me know if you have any other questions, but it was worth it for me.
Good luck.
Sponsored