Sponsored

It's like a ghost town in here....-

• Thread starter Deleted member
  • Start date
  • Watchers 18

Deleted member

Seriously guys, where the heck is everyone at??? This part of the forum is becoming sadder and sadder by the week. Is no one out modifying their eco's anymore, making how to's, cool things they did with their car?

I realize yes all these things have been posted about, but i just feel like we've leveled off as a community compared to the 5.0 guys. I find myself more and more in the 5.0 threads just to get something interesting to read. While over here its dead and most new posts are the same over and over again.

End of rant..
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Your answer is in your question:
Mod choices,
1. Bolt on tune
2. larger turbo custom tune.
3. Alternate fuels
It's all been done, most members have already modded, newbie s check searches and see basic formulas etc..

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
The days of back yard engine swaps, head and cam packages are done. You can't build a car that will complete with stock factory cars. So what's the point. The car hobby isn't going to be around much longer except for a few die hards

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Next Monday my Eco's going in for a Vortech intercooler install, then I'm installing my jacking rails, then I'll be installing a UPR dual port catch can, then I'll be installing my NGK spark plugs I gapped to .028, then I'll be buying a low floor jack and installing Ford Performance 6 piston brakes on the front then I'll be...........

Sponsored

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Your answer is in your question:
Mod choices,
1. Bolt on tune
2. larger turbo custom tune.
3. Alternate fuels
It's all been done, most members have already modded, newbie s check searches and see basic formulas etc..
I feel that there is not much info here, there is a lot more to this cars than the simple bolt ons, i havent seen any stalled cars, i havent seen anyone trying port meth injection, no nitorus, no cams, i havent seen anybody pushing the limits on the stock stuff, everybody takes 400whp/400tq "safe limit" as gospel.

But its no surprise when the first thing people ask about is ecoboom.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Been lurking/monitoring the ecoboost community since early 2015 (since I got my car). It seems like all the development that will be done has already been done and vendors have gotten rid of their ecoboost test mules. In my observation, vendors like to communicate through the forums but users like to communicate through Facebook groups. Since vendors don't have any new stuff, there is nothing keeping the consumers on the forums.

And I agree, the basic forumla is pretty well defined at this point. I wish folks posted up their additional custom projects like meth kit placement, DIY oil coolers, engine builds, etc. But from what I can see, most ecoboost owners are more at the level of "what oil should I run?"

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
We can run 400WHP and there are basically 3 ways to get there (Meth, Port injection + E85 / Big turbo) plus supporting mods.

After the NX2 nothing big has come out, a different intercooler here, every catless downpipe is the same, E85 by replacing the stock injectors costs way too much, so there is nothing changing.

To break 400whp safely you need a built block, which isn't a great investment for most

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Seriously guys, where the heck is everyone at??? This part of the forum is becoming sadder and sadder by the week. Is no one out modifying their eco's anymore, making how to's, cool things they did with their car?
If you're running out of ideas, consider checking out other sections for suspension, brakes, chassis, wheels, tires, cooling, etc. No point in focusing just on power mods if you can't effectively put it to use. Unlike Facebook S550 groups, the vast majority of Mustang GT owners on this forum are knowledgable and willing to help regardless of what you drive.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
We're here still driving our Ecoboosts, like they said everything everything that needed to be known is has been discovered, so there is not much to discuss.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
The eco is the entry level car and what can be done has been done by this point. Not much else to talk about.
and.. ecoboom of course. Just not worth the risk really.