blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
so today on the way home sync3 totally crapped out. i tried to call out and had to un hook my phone to actually hear my call, then the radio totally went out and every time i hit the volume or tried to switch to sirius it said phone volume and nothing would work??? i was at a red light and shut the car down. started it back up and same same then all of a sudden things started working again a few minutes later. anybody having similar problems?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
so today on the way home sync3 totally crapped out. i tried to call out and had to un hook my phone to actually hear my call, then the radio totally went out and every time i hit the volume or tried to switch to sirius it said phone volume and nothing would work??? i was at a red light and shut the car down. started it back up and same same then all of a sudden things started working again a few minutes later. anybody having similar problems?
You can try doing a Master reset of SYNC, it may remedy the situation,

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
From symptoms, I’d take a WAG that there was some sort of connection loss or BT issue in a very small time window to where audio was granted to the call then when something happened such that it thought a call was still ongoing and kept audio granted to Phone. That’s why the volume level shown was Phone. Master Reset wouldn’t do anything for this one. I’ve run into something similar once, couple years back, though there it was stuck with the Prompt volume.

OP
OP
blackk3389

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
From symptoms, I’d take a WAG that there was some sort of connection loss or BT issue in a very small time window to where audio was granted to the call then when something happened such that it thought a call was still ongoing and kept audio granted to Phone. That’s why the volume level shown was Phone. Master Reset wouldn’t do anything for this one. I’ve run into something similar once, couple years back, though there it was stuck with the Prompt volume.
I agree it had to be something with CarPlay and the phone call that just would not connect. And I had to disable BT. I did forget to add that

Jinglez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So I have had a very similar issue when using Waze in the middle of central London - it froze/crashed out and would not restart even when the car was shut down - the screen stayed on even when I locked the car and walked away! I had to hard reset it and then it seems OK - I would imagine it is a CarPlay issue.. as I am told the head unit is basically just a monitor for your phone!
Sponsored