Sponsored

AC died today....

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
planned obsolescence
a policy of producing consumer goods that rapidly become obsolete and so require replacing, achieved by frequent changes in design, termination of the supply of spare parts, and the use of nondurable materials.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I had my AC go out as well. Somewhat good news is the AC went out in the first year I owned the car and then it worked fine for the next 3 years after that.

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
2017 Track Pack
So I am at about 6500 miles.
Had Oil Line recall Change.

AC Started blowing hot air.
dealer took it in 48 hrs later explanation was "blown clutch"
in compressor I guess. was basically stuck in position.

From invoice
https://www.oemfordpart.com/oem-parts/ford-compressor-asy-fr3z19703l
+ var hwr, belts, refrigerant.

Works now, all good. Will update if any issues.
They said no dash disassembly.

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
On the start up, I had a bit of hesitation on the idle....followed by a faint scent of something like a clutch burning.....then no AC just hot air. So perhaps thats what happened....

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
2017 Track Pack
So I am at about 6500 miles.
Had Oil Line recall Change.

AC Started blowing hot air.
dealer took it in 48 hrs later explanation was "blown clutch"
in compressor I guess. was basically stuck in position.

From invoice
https://www.oemfordpart.com/oem-parts/ford-compressor-asy-fr3z19703l
+ var hwr, belts, refrigerant.

Works now, all good. Will update if any issues.
They said no dash disassembly.

Replaced the entire compressor under warranty and seems to be working fine now.

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Welcome to the club. Got new compressor and coil last year, the other week the compressor came loose and threw off the ac belt that then threw off the serpentine and I overheated the motor on track. Been in the shop for 5 days now and ford keeps telling me they haven’t looked at it and the “guy” is sick. I have a bad feeling I’ll be getting a new motor from fucked up threads in the block where the compressor attaches. I started a thread on this: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ff-during-track-days-wtf.126202/#post-2616166

I love my R and have an 8yr warranty. Besides the ac thing it’s been perfect. I’ll deal with a new block but at some point I too would consider a c8 (if I fit, will look at video as I’m 6’6” and 275lbs) or go back to Porsche (had a 996tt for 10 years but would do manual gt3) for my track car. Not sure I want the expensive of that right now though.

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
GT3 would be nice for sure. I never really had any issues with my two 911s that I had. Plus the Porsche dealer was way better than the Ford experience. But with a engine replaced and now this, Id probably take a bath on the 350 for trade or sale. But I’ll get it all fixed up first.

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My A/C compressor seized up while on track 3 weeks ago. Went back to track last week and it stopped working. Blows hot air. Funny thing is i tried it the day after i got home and it blew cold for a sort test. Yesterday I went to run some errands and nothing but hot air.

Going back to dealer

This was serviced under my extended warranty

2016 Track Pack

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
sigh

I don't understand the threat of 'going back' to whatever brand (I find the 350 section always references the P-cars,... wonder why :idea:)...

As if the other brands have never had an issue... if you have a problem you have a warranty you get it replaced... people have had their AC's go out after warranty for no other reason ?

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
anyone know what determines whether the entire dash comes out or not? seems like some have it removed, some dont. but it sounds like a torturous job.
If evaporator coin needs replaced dash has to come out. If compressor that is bolted to the engine in front. Hose could break off Evaporattor coil though

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
I'm now on third evaporator. '16 tech 22,000 miles. The entire dash comes out. The techs have had plenty of practice and have done a good job each time. I know of one thats on evaporator#5

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Just dropped it off at Koons in Falls Church. My service writer knows if it’s the evap dash must come out which means most of the interior too then. Covered in sweat after driving in DC and Va traffic with no AC.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just dropped it off at Koons in Falls Church. My service writer knows if it’s the evap dash must come out which means most of the interior too then. Covered in sweat after driving in DC and Va traffic with no AC.
Yep. Last time mine went out was 97 degrees after a private track day 2.5hrs away at grattan, 7 thirty min sessions. I looked like I went swimming.

My compressor bolts are sheered in the block, taking 2-3 weeks for this bullshit, and that’s presuming they can drill them out ok and I don’t have to get a new block. So much for my August track days.

OP
OP
DCShelby

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Compressor being replaced tomorrow.......The onto the cylinder block plate.
Sponsored