Sponsored

0-100-0 in 10.6 seconds.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
But why if its inferior? I'm new to Ford I dont get it....if a C8 can out perform it for same money on street and track and strip why would you? I really am curious?
I mean to me it looks like any other S550 with some different cosmetics and the tried and true 2650tvs?
If your gonna track it buy cars the beat it, if your gonna strip it buy cars that beat it in same price range, if its cause you like s550 just build you one to stomp it and look even more custom...

I swear to God I'm not even being an ass, no stock car has ever been how I would do everything so I've never had the desire for the top model ( though I do like the digital dash hehe) I prefer to make someone that whips its ass for less and be mine....as in I built it engine and all....( might be hard with an a10 or DCT haha ).
I have always wondered I've had several Mopar buds over years, want this or that slow over prices car with cosmetics ect...is it a highlander effect kinda where it's a GT500 so automagically badass like you get a spiritual experience from driving a car with a badge you had no input on the production from? And I really dkmt know how to ask that not like a jackass but I swear I'm not being one to ME the adventure of making it better than stock has always been the fun....
For instance not picking on the GT500 I wouldnt want a demon either I ordered a 1320 and was going to take that and make it faster than most Demons for less money...thought that was a cool concept ( it's a demon in a lot of ways already).
So if say there was a GT premium that Ford released and though it was called a Mustang GT it outperformed a GT500 in every way for less money, you would I assume still want the badge, I guess?
That's a bad message to send to Ford they need to whip Mopar and the C8s ass....however now that i am a Ford guy i love the C8 ASSUMED success...cause neither are really out and putting down numbers but I know it puts pressure to drive down all cars cost in a range where I could or would buy.....
Not being an ass at all I swear but the GT500 at 100k plus had all the shine taken off it with a mid engine C8 at 65k that probably beats in on the street light to light.....and that's good for me cause my big ass barely fits in a s550 haha....now drop them prices or drop that et ford
You realize that no matter what the performance numbers are, some people wouldn’t touch a Corvette with a ten foot pole. Ultimate factory performance is not the only reason people buy cars.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
So Camaro6 is now C8-6 ? Lot of talk about a corvette beating the GT500.....where is the talk about the ZLE ? It is a compliment that the GT500 is being compared to a ZR1 Vette.....A muscle car v a pure sport car. Not bad company at all.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Fastestlaps.com has 0-100-0 times.
ZR1 (est) is 10.3
720s is 10.0
GT500 10.6

GT500 is in great company.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
But why if its inferior? I'm new to Ford I dont get it....if a C8 can out perform it for same money on street and track and strip why would you? I really am curious?
I mean
snip.....omg....thiswas...so impossible to read...if you don't know what you're talking about...or maybe a troll...maybe just go buy what you want and trynot to spend everyone elses money...and good that you like a C8...if that does it for you then you would buy it..I mean it's the fastest already...if you say so...…………………..

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Neither the C8 or GT500 was built for the 1/4 mile. Dunno why people are so fixated on it.
Its the only metric that is comparable. Can't really compare lap times since that depends on the driver. That's why this day in age everything is automatic and racing from a roll. Its takes the shitty human lack of experience/balls/skill out of the equation.

0-60 & 1/4 mile times will always be relevant in the discussion of performance. Thats why the new supra sucks. Okay looks (im being nice), but 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance from 2013 :(

I mean to me it looks like any other S550 with some different cosmetics and the tried and true 2650tvs?
If your gonna track it buy cars the beat it, if your gonna strip it buy cars that beat it in same price range, if its cause you like s550 just build you one to stomp it and look even more custom...

I swear to God I'm not even being an ass, no stock car has ever been how I would do everything so I've never had the desire for the top model ( though I do like the digital dash hehe) I prefer to make someone that whips its ass for less and be mine....as in I built it engine and all....( might be hard with an a10 or DCT haha ).
I have always wondered I've had several Mopar buds over years, want this or that slow over prices car with cosmetics ect...is it a highlander effect kinda where it's a GT500 so automagically badass like you get a spiritual experience from driving a car with a badge you had no input on the production from? And I really dkmt know how to ask that not like a jackass but I swear I'm not being one to ME the adventure of making it better than stock has always been the fun....
For instance not picking on the GT500 I wouldnt want a demon either I ordered a 1320 and was going to take that and make it faster than most Demons for less money...thought that was a cool concept ( it's a demon in a lot of ways already).
So if say there was a GT premium that Ford released and though it was called a Mustang GT it outperformed a GT500 in every way for less money, you would I assume still want the badge, I guess?
That's a bad message to send to Ford they need to whip Mopar and the C8s ass....however now that i am a Ford guy i love the C8 ASSUMED success...cause neither are really out and putting down numbers but I know it puts pressure to drive down all cars cost in a range where I could or would buy.....
Not being an ass at all I swear but the GT500 at 100k plus had all the shine taken off it with a mid engine C8 at 65k that probably beats in on the street light to light.....and that's good for me cause my big ass barely fits in a s550 haha....now drop them prices or drop that et ford
You could have asked this question in regards to a regular c7. Why buy a c7 when the '18 mustang a10 can beat it?

Same thing with the GT350, why buy a GT350 for $57k, when you can get a c7 for the same price and beat it.

lol, can go round and round. In the end you buy what you like and can afford. I'm sure if the GT500 was available and the same price as your GT, you would get the GT500.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
So Camaro6 is now C8-6 ? Lot of talk about a corvette beating the GT500.....where is the talk about the ZLE ? It is a compliment that the GT500 is being compared to a ZR1 Vette.....A muscle car v a pure sport car. Not bad company at all.
They are holding out hope that the ZLE can beat the GT500 on a road course. If it doesn't they have absolutely nothing left to talk about in regards to Camaro and will cheer lead the C8 to save face.

Sponsored

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Agreed. The GT500 will absolutely destroy the Camaro ZL1 1LE, so the Chevy fan-boys compare it to the C8 to feel better. Of course the C8 is going to be faster and likely track a bit better: light mid-enginged sports car versus a heavy front-engined muscle car.

0-100-0 for the 2020 GT500: 10.6s
0-100-0 for the 2019 ZR1: 10.3s(est)
0-100-0 for the McClaren 720s: 10.0s

Does any of that matter?
No.
You know what matters?
. . .
It looks like this!

1AE9D91E-6DA9-4AD0-A467-6E0AFEA3C836.jpeg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Built VS bought has always been one of those dumb car guy talking points. Same as the never ending Auto VS manual debate. A real car guy should be able to appreciate a wonderful stock car like the GT500. For what it is. A real car guy should also be able to appreciate the hard work that goes into making any lower level model perform way above its stock capabilities. I would never build a big horse power Honda. But When I’m at Atco. I give those guys the same nod. I’d give to Hellcat or GT500 owners. Buy what you want. Build it if it makes you happy. Enjoy the hobby.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Why are people fixated on this over inflated 0-60 time of the C8, it will not do 2.8 seconds lol. It will maybe do 3.5 ish but again, it will not break 3 seconds, my god.
Sponsored