Sponsored

Installed Cervinis C grilles on my 18 GT with smart and safety pkg

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Have a look at my video if you would like to see the steps required.

I have stumbled upon some things which I have not seen before.

I have contacted cervinis, yesterday I received an email from Cervinis after some mails forth and back and they directed me towards the video LMR posted when they installed the grilles ..... (no comment)

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I am also going to get the Cervini’s upper and lower grilles for my 18’ GT eventually. CJ Pony parts also has an install video.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi
I have looked at CJ install as well.

E.g the speed clip used in CJs and LMRs video was not present in the package to secure the V-brace to the radiator support. Also if you have a look at my video the V-brace supporting the bumper would have never aligned.

The fact that Cervinis is directing me to LMRs video instead of guiding me on how to do is not that service minded.
The installation guide provided and the one found on Cervinis web-site does not provide any input on the matter (and other questions marks I had during the install) unfortunately.

E.g. one of the issues I had during the install.

From the installation guide parts included in the package, not speed clips mentioned which is mentioned in the LMR and CJ video.
parts.PNG

In the installation guide on how to attach the V-brace to the radiator support, no mention of any speed clip (as used in LMR and CJs videos) it instead mentioned to use the existing bolt, I at least don't have any bolts there.

bracket.PNG

//Maz

I am also going to get the Cervini’s upper and lower grilles for my 18’ GT eventually. CJ Pony parts also has an install video.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
600-700 miles now with the kit installed and I have not experienced any issues with the smart and safety stuff.

I seem to have a general issues with the radar, had the same issue with the OEM grilles as well. I get an error that the "pre-collision assistance is not available sensor blocked" happens only when I am backing out of the driveway. If I turn of the car and start it up the error message is gone.

Does all the Safe and Smart stuff work properly after the install?

Sponsored

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
600-700 miles now with the kit installed and I have not experienced any issues with the smart and safety stuff.

I seem to have a general issues with the radar, had the same issue with the OEM grilles as well. I get an error that the "pre-collision assistance is not available sensor blocked" happens only when I am backing out of the driveway. If I turn of the car and start it up the error message is gone.

interesting, I never got those messages and i bought the safe and smart package one from cervinis. I did however run into a different problem, for one the upper grille has taken a rock chip or two and the coating is beginning to peel off in some areas, eventually it will be noticeable and ill have to replace it. The bigger problem is i was in a race at the strip and the lower separated from the car at approx 150mph, and the resulting loss of support the bumper assembly and chin spoiler got damaged badly. After review it appears the lower screws were ripped right out of the grille itself and the brackets were left behind. I have since swapped the OEM lower in and kept the cervinis upper. Just something to be aware of.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
interesting, I never got those messages and i bought the safe and smart package one from cervinis. I did however run into a different problem, for one the upper grille has taken a rock chip or two and the coating is beginning to peel off in some areas, eventually it will be noticeable and ill have to replace it. The bigger problem is i was in a race at the strip and the lower separated from the car at approx 150mph, and the resulting loss of support the bumper assembly and chin spoiler got damaged badly. After review it appears the lower screws were ripped right out of the grille itself and the brackets were left behind. I have since swapped the OEM lower in and kept the cervinis upper. Just something to be aware of.
That last bit worries me. I love the look of this upper and lower combo, but I’m not trying to deal with problems at speed.

takzGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
i also have the cervini upper and lower grilles installed. i also bought the emblem same as yours but my issue with the emblem was the holes in the grilles would not have the badge sit up straight. so im wondering how you installed yours?

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issues when installing my upper/lower. There were no clips provided and no bolt to use. Anyway, I still never installed any of the braces and have not had any issues up to 110 MPH. I do plan on taking the belly pan off and actually installing the braces before this fall when I start hitting the drag strip for the first time with this car.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ohh my that does not sound good at all.
Specially the part where you mentioned it ripping apart.

I did consider how it can hold into place only with those brackets. Why didn't they just utilise the same type of fastening as the stock one. I guess that is due that the fit does not have to be 100% with the way they chose to fasten the grilles...

I have had mine up to 140ish but not above. Knock on wood nothing has fallen apart

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had to use some force. I also gently gently bent one of the bolts to have a bit different angle so I could insert the emblem. However with that said there is a big chance of scraping of the paint from the mesh and potentially bending it.....

i also have the cervini upper and lower grilles installed. i also bought the emblem same as yours but my issue with the emblem was the holes in the grilles would not have the badge sit up straight. so im wondering how you installed yours?

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is a good idea to install the braces anyhow.

But it is really odd that they refer to something in the instructions that is not their. When I then rech out to Cervinis they direct me to a video of some install that has a bracket that is not even mentioned in the instructions ...

They have now told me to get in contact with the retailer on to get the clips. However again those clips are not even mentioned in the instructions

I had the same issues when installing my upper/lower. There were no clips provided and no bolt to use. Anyway, I still never installed any of the braces and have not had any issues up to 110 MPH. I do plan on taking the belly pan off and actually installing the braces before this fall when I start hitting the drag strip for the first time with this car.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I installed my upper and lower a few weeks ago, I haven’t been over 100 yet, I had the brackets on the bottom and all, but was missing 2 clips to the upper. I am not disappointed in the fit and finish but I’m not exactly thrilled either. It works, and at one time being In the online parts wholesale business 500 isn’t really that much for grilles, we’ve sold some that go well in to the thousands, 3-4K made of proper carbon and expected to have OEM or better fit and finish.

I love the looks of the grille more any other, RTR a close second, but you can see where they cut corners to meet a price point and while it may not be apparent looking at it, once you get the OEM pieces off you can see why/how they have the issues they do a speed. I’m hoping the brackets and all take care of it. Seems that those that run them don’t have problems

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So you had the two speed clips for the v-brace to be attached to the radiator support?

I really do like the looks though

I installed my upper and lower a few weeks ago, I haven’t been over 100 yet, I had the brackets on the bottom and all, but was missing 2 clips to the upper. I am not disappointed in the fit and finish but I’m not exactly thrilled either. It works, and at one time being In the online parts wholesale business 500 isn’t really that much for grilles, we’ve sold some that go well in to the thousands, 3-4K made of proper carbon and expected to have OEM or better fit and finish.

I love the looks of the grille more any other, RTR a close second, but you can see where they cut corners to meet a price point and while it may not be apparent looking at it, once you get the OEM pieces off you can see why/how they have the issues they do a speed. I’m hoping the brackets and all take care of it. Seems that those that run them don’t have problems

Last edited:

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT

Pretty much my thoughts on this. Its a bit overpriced for what it is. I love the look, I hate the gloss black of the OEM grille, some cars can pull it off but my car being orange fury there was a contrast between the matte black trim pieces and the gloss black grille. The fitment was ok at best, the sides could of sealed a bit better. The main area of concern is their system for mounting the grille, it just doesn't seem to be that effective and makes me wonder why they didn't use an OEM design that seems far stronger.
Sponsored