OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Exactly, been saying this since day 1 the car was released. Many jumped on that headline a "C8 starting under $60k runs 0-60 under 3 secs" but that is not the case. The Z51 package is needed, plus all other options many will add this will drive the price right up to $70k if not more.

Ford knows they will sell all 5K of these, now if they pulled this with projected 20k being built then maybe a different response is needed. Hell just based off what was already released about it, I still ordered mine within the first hour banks opened up. We all can pretty much get a good idea what it will weigh. Just add roughly 250-400lbs ontop of both trim models of the GT350s and you know what you got.
Agreed. I placed my order day one. I have faith in the performance and in Shelby/Ford. I would just like a little fan service by putting together a feature rich webpage with a visualizer.
Sponsored

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Agreed. I placed my order day one. I have faith in the performance and in Shelby/Ford. I would just like a little fan service by putting together a feature rich webpage with a visualizer.
Yes I think that should be available to the public, a nice visualizer with all the latest details plus playing with all the color combos.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
You’d think they would release a commercial showing the GT500 & 350. Ala Dodge commercials. For no other reason. Than to move more EBs and GTs
Exactly. How many times have you seen the Hellcat or any SRT model for that matter on Dodge’s channels? I follow them on Instagram and every other post is a Hellcat or Charger SRT.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
As others have said, the marketing is for the brand, not just the model. The GT500 reveal has been horrendous from that standpoint. Their engineers and development team has done more marketing on the IG pages. That way at least the same 5000 people keep seeing the same thing. Pictures of the car sitting in parking lots.

During the C8 reveal they clearly stated you had to have the Z51 package to get the level of performance they spoke of. The big snake is going to be faster because of the big top end, but at $96K. If you're touting its going to embarrass super cars then start releasing some info, like maybe in the form of a puzzle or something interesting like that. :|

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
These are a few of the things that I would have liked to have seen from Ford.

2013 GT500

2013 Track Pack.jpg

2013 GT500 SVT PP.jpg

New Higher flowing Cats.jpg

The unique to the 13' - dual tipped mufflers.jpg

Track Pack rear differential cooler cover and lines.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Just tell us the weight and 1/4 mile.

Ford, why not?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There will be marketing. Just not yet.

Ford is giving the enthusiasts a chance to get a GT500 before the big marketing push hits. Pretty soon we will see the marketing info. Don't worry.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I would say I agree with the marketing. Yes, Ford will sell the cars. Yes the car can sell itself. But you still need to get the word out to the people who think, "It's just another Mustang." While true, it's the pack leader Mustang. The Alpha Mustang. All of the tech this car brings needs to be talked about. That's what is not happening and I wish Ford would do that.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There are car people and there are other people. Other people look at my GT350Rs and see mustangs. There is not enough marketing in the world for people who don't give a rats ass for them to learn or appreciate the difference. Even car people are touting that at the end of the day, its just a Mustang. Clueless.

I'm buying the 500 for what it is, not what other people think of it..... Especially based upon marketing spin.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would say I agree with the marketing. Yes, Ford will sell the cars. Yes the car can sell itself. But you still need to get the word out to the people who think, "It's just another Mustang." While true, it's the pack leader Mustang. The Alpha Mustang. All of the tech this car brings needs to be talked about. That's what is not happening and I wish Ford would do that.
Don't worry - it's coming.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
The only TV marketing I can remember Ford doing for the Mustang was the "black swan" commercial they did for the '13 MY. They've made some very nice videos released on the internet, but those don't reach as many people (IMO).

I believe that Ford thinks they don't need to advertise the Mustang. It's the only reason I can come up with for the crappy marketing they do for it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I guess it depends on what TV shows you watch. I assume Ford doesn't advertise Mustang on "Housewives" shows, but I remember a few different Mustang ads on the guy shows I tend to watch.

There were a few of them when the Coyote and the improved V6 came out. They would show the car drifting around some corners.
There was an ad or two about personalizing your Mustang that showed people with tattoos and then Mustangs with different graphics.
There are some showing convertibles and others with Shelbys.
An ad with cops taking turns driving the Mustang while the other cop followed in the cop car.

I do think the Mustang TV ads have decreased and there's more on YouTube or other places now, but Ford definitely advertises the Mustang. The Mustang is often shown in general Ford ads to try to lift the other cars by showing the Mustang is part of the Ford family as well.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I guess it depends on what TV shows you watch. I assume Ford doesn't advertise Mustang on "Housewives" shows, but I remember a few different Mustang ads on the guy shows I tend to watch.
lol, way to go.
Sponsored