Panel gap: Solved

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Ok I wanted to post an update. I took my car in yesterday to have TSB 18-2107 (panel gap) addressed by the dealer. I got a call from the dealers body shop who was doing the repair to come in and look what they were going to be doing...so I went in to check it out. The whole rear bumper was off along with the rear lights and anything else close by. I'm totally glad I didn't have to all do that myself. The tech showed me the Ford repair kit part and how it would attach as they would be drilling a hole and attaching it using a rivet. I guess they wanted my ok on drilling the hole. I okayed it and went back home....WITHOUT taking any pictures...really sorry about that guys. I realized my mistake when I got home. Anyway they called a couple hours later to let me know it was done so I headed back to pick it up.

Now I have to say that my panel gaps on either side weren't that bad to begin with...to say they were 1/8" would be taking some liberty. But I was up against my warranty expiration on Dec 11th so wanted to get the repair done in case it got worse over time as then the cost would be on me....or do it myself. I did take some after pics and have posted them here so you can see. Its not a perfect fit as there is some unevenness of the bumper plastic that prevents it from being perfect. But it is well within my acceptable limits so I'm totally glad I took it in and hopefully don't have to worry about it opening up more down the road. I felt they did a good job in a timely manner. Oh I looked online and TSB's are not a covered repair AFTER your warranty expires. I checked that out because a friend told me they were....just not the case. Anyway I just wanted to relay my experience with this and thank the forum for bringing it to my attention. :like:
Left side.jpg
Right side.jpg
Left side.jpg
Right side.jpg
Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
I know that the time is approaching for this warranty to end soon. The dilemma is the same as everyone's, do it at home or take it in. The Ford dealer up north of us has sold a handful of 350's & a couple of R's, a couple of THE GT's. I would like to think that their service dept would likely do a great job. What to do! What to do? Thanks!

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Know your feelings. I'm leaving mine alone since there are nothing around me but small dealerships that barely know what a GT 350 even is. But if you could call around and possibly get lucky enough to find one that has done it and possibly follow up with a contact of owner of car and see how it went for them and if positive I'd say go for it.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Wait TSB are not covered under warranty? Since when? ....

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSB's are covered under warranty!

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No TSB's have ever been covered after warranty expires to be done at no cost to vehicle owner.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Just off of the phone with Tom Kelly Ford in Decature, Indiana & had a very good conversation with one of the service managers. This dealership has on staff a Certified Senior Master Technician with 35 years on the job. He has performed TSB & Ford recalls on 3 different Ford GT's in the area along with GT350's tho I believe this will be first TSB 18-2107 for a GT350. Comfort feeling sure is a lot better after conversation with them. I would encourage anyone in the greater Ft.Wayne area with rear bumper situation to contact this dealership.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hey....this thread isn't that old to dig up, LOL!!!

Has anyone had any luck with a dealer ordering the parts against the TSB, and then just giving them to the owner to do their own install? I've got my bumper off for some other reasons and may go ask my body shop this week.

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey....this thread isn't that old to dig up, LOL!!!

Has anyone had any luck with a dealer ordering the parts against the TSB, and then just giving them to the owner to do their own install? I've got my bumper off for some other reasons and may go ask my body shop this week.
Nope, because they bill ford for the labor. If they give you the part and bill ford it would be considered fraud.

You’d have to call around to see if any would be willing to bend the rules

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
further, if the install is done as a TSB it is warranted for some period, and should it re-occur during that period, they can re-apply the TSB with no cost to you.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Glad I found this thread and tsb, I noticed some rear panel gap getting worse might as well get taken care of.

E7DE6586-CFAA-4BFA-AAAD-C3D923E66EAC.jpeg

F7A79207-0A3C-40DC-92DB-E03A5ADAE5D8.jpeg

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach-E
Any word if the TSB has been updated to include 2019+ years? My 2019 is exhibiting the same gap on the rear left. I have the 8 yr factory extended warranty so no urgency to start the repair.
Sponsored