Oil change

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
Yeah, everything I've read indicates the 2069 was made specifically for the voodoo. IMO Ford had a knee-jerk reaction to the issues with improperly torqued filters, they should have come up with another solution.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This is just a stupid random thought (cause I’m working in the garage drinking a few beers), but does anyone else find it odd in comparison that the oil filter for our cars is sooooo dang tiny for 10 friggin quarts of oil? Cartridge or spin-on 2069 irrelevant?? I mean, back in the day, you had a huge FL-1A for five quarts!!!

AND another thought...we all know the 2062/2087 is not made from the braided hairs from the mane of a Unicorn that only lived in utopia because it’s used on many other vehicles, BUT, the spin on 2069 bears this sticker, which makes me think it possibly was made JUST for this car!!

Things to ponder!

OK...back to my beer and rearranging my new tool box.
395FAE4F-A4EB-41C4-9135-17BE907F45C9.jpeg
Actually, the view of the FL2069 that makes it crystal clear that the filter was made specifically for the Voodoo is this one:

FL2069ThreadsSmall.jpg

The red coating is thread locker.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Actually, the view of the FL2069 that makes it crystal clear that the filter was made specifically for the Voodoo is this one:

FL2069ThreadsSmall.jpg

The red coating is thread locker.
I have wondered about applying a dab of blue Loc-tite to the threads of the filter

I have 3 of them in my cabinet and after closer examination I see the red stuff on the threads but czn not tell if its loc-tite or heat marks from when they cut the threads.

Anyone else use anything to lock these filters ?

Last edited:

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I had my oil changed at the dealer yesterday and they let me watch...heck, I even helped. I wedged the techs shop towels in the belly pan all the way up to the filter. We used a plastic dealer license plate that I held under the filter as he unscrewed the filter. The oil only got on the shop rags. Then we both inspected with a flashlight to make sure we got everything. Then he torqued the filter to 18ft/lbs....he showed me the setting before he did it, then he let me check it. He put in 10 quarts of Motorcraft 5w50...I watched. I opened and closed the hood...it was actually fun. The tech connected my battery tender pigtail to the battery so I don’t need the alligator clips and an open hood anymore. A good relationship with the dealer is key...

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have wondered about applying a dab of blue Loc-tite to the threads of the filter

I have 3 of them in my cabinet and after closer examination I see the red stuff on the threads but czn not tell if its loc-tite or heat marks from when they cut the threads.

Anyone else use anything to lock these filters ?
Do a search for Vibra-tite VC-3. The product on the filter looks like VC-3, although it could be a competing product. In any case, it's oil and vibration resistant, perfect for this kind of application.

Sponsored

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Do a search for Vibra-tite VC-3. The product on the filter looks like VC-3, although it could be a competing product. In any case, it's oil and vibration resistant, perfect for this kind of application.
All the better reason to made sure the threads on the mounting stud are clean and dry

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
If you put oil on the gasket and torque to proper specs its not going to come loose. Those I've read about were either put on with a dry gasket, not properly torqued or not put on properly from the factory. Let the flames begin!
Sponsored