Sponsored

Clutch chatter/shaking/vibrations after new clutch install

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
I'm having vibrations and chatter staring out in first and reversing but once I get going it's all really smooth

The clutch is RST Twin Disc. I also did the MGW shifter and DSS Carbon fiber drive shaft at the same time.

I'm thinking it probably just needs to be broken in and after a couple of hundred miles it'll get better but I wanted to get your opinion
Sponsored

OP
OP

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
this is also my first ever twin disc and it'll definitely take a little getting used to

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I've had a couple twin discs (RXT and Mantic Cerametallic) and both chattered in 1st gear and reverse. With practice, you can get it to not; just give it a bit more gas and play with the clutch engagement. You can feel when it’s about to start chattering so just feel out both pedals and play with it until you’re comfortable.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
I'm having vibrations and chatter staring out in first and reversing but once I get going it's all really smooth

The clutch is RST Twin Disc. I also did the MGW shifter and DSS Carbon fiber drive shaft at the same time.

I'm thinking it probably just needs to be broken in and after a couple of hundred miles it'll get better but I wanted to get your opinion
Hi TripleB I have a 19 Bullitt all stock with 6K on the od. Today for the first time I got severe vibration starting off in first gear but only with the engine cold, once it warmed up the clutch and transmission seem to work fine. Is this common? Do any other GT owners have the same problem? Anybody have a fix?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have a 19 Bullitt all stock with 6K on the od. Today for the first time I got severe vibration starting off in first gear but only with the engine cold, once it warmed up the clutch and transmission seem to work fine.
I noticed a slight chatter on mine since new (well, with only 900+ miles, it's basically still new in that respect), but only when starting to reverse, or pulling into the garage, with very little throttle. I thought it was the clutch, and it very well could be, but not the typical chatter when it's warped, which is worse under more throttle. It feels perfectly fine with normal starts; it's only when using very little, like when you just let the clutch out without touching the gas pedal (the ECU raises rpm a little).

Are you seeing the increased vibration on a normal launch, or are you being aggressive?

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
I noticed a slight chatter on mine since new (well, with only 900+ miles, it's basically still new in that respect), but only when starting to reverse, or pulling into the garage, with very little throttle. I thought it was the clutch, and it very well could be, but not the typical chatter when it's warped, which is worse under more throttle. It feels perfectly fine with normal starts; it's only when using very little, like when you just let the clutch out without touching the gas pedal (the ECU raises rpm a little).

Are you seeing the increased vibration on a normal launch, or are you being aggressive?
OK My clutch chatter looks like "operator error" The chatter is only with the engine cold and low throttle . It seems that I need to think about what I am doing drive the car. More gas = more fun.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
RSTs like to be slipped. If it’s chattering, apply throttle.

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

I'm chasing something you describe, is this the noise your makes also?

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
Hi TripleB I have a 19 Bullitt all stock with 6K on the od. Today for the first time I got severe vibration starting off in first gear but only with the engine cold, once it warmed up the clutch and transmission seem to work fine. Is this common? Do any other GT owners have the same problem? Anybody have a fix?
Mine is at the dealer now with similar issues. It is also quite noticeable to me when the clutch engages during downshifting. Currently 750 miles.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Twin disc chattering is normal if you quickly disengage the clutch at low speeds, especially in 1st and reverse.
Sponsored