Sponsored

BOV guys, up in here.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Did you have any issues installing an aftermarket BOV? I just purchased the CP-E HKS kit after weeks of procrastinating. It'll be here next week, I cannot wait! but any advice beforehand would be nice.

Cold side pipes the best way for an bov? reason I ask is I saw MAP has hot side bov hks kit, but I went with cpe despite the increased price.

No ill effects or fluttering or surging or anything?
Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
If you respect the installation instructions that are in the kit you should be fine. The only thing I recommand is to be carefull when you install the c clip that holds the BOV to the pipe. Make sure it is completely in his position or else the BOV won't stay in place. You should buy or borrow a good pair of pincers made especially for c clips.

From what I've read there are no better place, cold or hot side. The hot side, with time, will bake the inner bushings of the BOV while the cold side make's it a little longer to build full boost. Read milliseconds here.

Mine doesn't make any other sound than the one that is supposed to. If the installation is done right, no other issue should get in the way.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Did you put the hks on the pipe before install, or did you install it while the pipe was mounted in car? My pipe kit arrives today, but unfortunately the hks arrives monday/tuesday. I mean, I could mount all the pipes in, and just wait til tuesday to drive it and just clamp the little hks on in car if that's the case, or if its easier to do it with it out of car I can wait and do it all at once.

prob wait though so I can drive it regardless.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
You MUST install the BOV on the pipe BEFORE installing it on the car. When you'll install the c clip you'll understand. It's really hard. That's why you must be careful with this step.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I happen to have c clip players (pinch ring players) so I should be fine with those or whatever they are called, had them from removing baffles in my motorcycle exhaust all the time. Guess monday/tuesday I will be installing.

You have the cold side pipes correct? so you have the exact same kit as I, I also ordered the CEL defender. I have a good idea where thats at. saw a pic somewhere behind the resovoir where someone installed it and zip tied it down.

Found a dealership where a class mate of mine is the mechanic/service advisor is his wife so I now take my oil changes there and he is all about me modding car and keeping warranty, he' will even let me put it all back to stock if needed for something big. That is one reason I've held off on BOV, my local dealership annotate mods done during routine oil changes, its bs. Helps prevent warranty work if arises.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
You MUST install the BOV on the pipe BEFORE installing it on the car. When you'll install the c clip you'll understand. It's really hard. That's why you must be careful with this step.

Question, in this video I found of the install. - . - The little hose that runs to the HKS directly, to the engine vacuum source. Where did you run the hose along? I don't really like the idea of how he ran it away from engine/cover. Is there any reason why I can't just run it along the engine to the hks to stay hidden under the engine cover? I see other wires / harnesses over the black looking thing. I wouldn't imagine it melting it or anything.

Could you post a pic of your install so I can see how you ran that black vacuum hose? id appreciate it. Trying to have the cleanest install possible, not some random black vacuum hose popping out and running along right side of engine bay if possible

mainian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB PP
Did you end up installing this already?

Think they are generally referred to as 'snap ring pliers'. I used a pair of 'Channellock 927 8-Inch Retaining Ring Plier', this tool had interchangeable heads and It didn't have great clearance for this application. Probably a multi-tool with 90 degree pliers would have been better.

I ran my hose my along some of the sleeved cables a little lower down in the engine, I think they below the timing belts. And then I just zip tied them together.

OP
OP
FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Posted another thread few minutes ago and I used this set from Lowe’s 15 bucks

Has a nose that bends 90* down, was perfect, snapped the ring in with myself gripping and gf pushing down the ring w a flat head. Seated just fine. Didn’t blow off

My nose is pretty much hidden, falls out side I take and directly to the bov
FD9C97DC-54A9-486C-ABDA-989FE6EE3A6D.png
Sponsored