Sponsored

V6 - Saving up for Mods, got some questions.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
You think it's a characteristic of the G-Max tires more than the size increase?
Mostly due to size increase. I had 275s on the 15 before I traded in on the 18. I don't have that feeling right now with the G-Max 255s
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Mostly due to size increase. I had 275s on the 15 before I traded in on the 18. I don't have that feeling right now with the G-Max 255s
Gotchya. Makes sense.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
@MidwayJ Let me know how you like those tires. They are more likely the ones I'll be buying.
I like the tires so far but it's difficult to say whether I would prefer them over other brands of the same size. The main differences I notice are from the bigger size and lower profile. Better cornering and high speed handling, and more grip. A little less straight line stability at under 60 mph. Slightly stiffer over sharp bumps. Slightly bouncier over big bumps (due to bigger tires being heavier?). They seem reasonably quiet.

Nejtan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6 2015
What @Nagare said is pretty much spot on, I will say that doing the following mods when together all work in conjunction to make for much more lively and enjoyable experience. Starting from front to back:

1. CAI (personally, replace the MIT, delete the baffle, and add drop in filter. It's cheaper and provides the same gains, but not the same sound...there is a more distinct growl just not the same as aftermarket. I do love my JLT.)

2. Throttle body (don't get the BBK overpriced. GT/F150 w/adapter or Gigs)

3. Ported Intakes upper and lower (only a couple of folks out there i know of)

4. Headers (shorty for me, longtubes with CAT deletes give good gains though)

5. Full exhaust (aftermarket GT exhaust as there are more options)

6. Finally, Tune (ties it all in)

The tune will provide the most gains. Everything else gives some, but not huge gains. Tackle the suspension, shifter, and tune first (though I would throw some exhaust work in there just to get some growl out the pony). Those alone make the driving experience so much more enjoyable. You have the 3.55 gears, which is literally half the battle. If you go this route you can work on the other stuff when you want and how you want.
HI, I'm new here and proudly an owner of 2015 oxford white v6 for a month already, slowly doing all of the mods you're recommending guys. But still have some questions, I'm a little bit noob here, sorry.
I changed already drop in filter, but dont know what does it mean to replace the MIT.
Also I did the short headers but cheap ones form ebay, and had a problem with screws from oem one, can u recommend me a good hardware for it, like bkk giving in their setup?
What motor oil are u using? motorcraflt or maybe royal purple?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Dorman studs that are factory length would be a good replacement for what the headers come with. I can't search right now, but I'm fairly certain I've linked it somewhere in this forum before. My installer was able to make the provided ones work, they're "perfect" length to get the job done, but the Dorman's would make it easier.

Motor oil I just use Motorcraft that the dealer uses. Comes out about the same as me doing it but I don't have to worry about getting oil anywhere in my apartment parking lot or disposal.

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I like the tires so far but it's difficult to say whether I would prefer them over other brands of the same size. The main differences I notice are from the bigger size and lower profile. Better cornering and high speed handling, and more grip. A little less straight line stability at under 60 mph. Slightly stiffer over sharp bumps. Slightly bouncier over big bumps (due to bigger tires being heavier?). They seem reasonably quiet.
That sounds good. I just ordered a set so I'm looking forward to see how they feel.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds good. I just ordered a set so I'm looking forward to see how they feel.
I like them best when taking curving entrance ramps more quickly. They make me want to tighten up the suspension a bit, at least in the rear. Seems a little bouncier. My wheels are 24.5 pounds, which should be lighter than stock, but the bigger tires are obviously heavier.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I like them best when taking curving entrance ramps more quickly. They make me want to tighten up the suspension a bit, at least in the rear. Seems a little bouncier. My wheels are 24.5 pounds, which should be lighter than stock, but the bigger tires are obviously heavier.
I am looking forward to curves once I have the tires on. Once I have those I might put the PP suspension parts on which I bought 2 years ago. With those maybe I'll be more comfortable trying to get pass 0.70 lateral Gs.

Wheel and tire weight wise they will be close to my stock 18in wheels which are 55.2lbs (per what things weigh thread). According to LMR the 19x10 weigh 24lbs and the GMAX 275/40r19 weigh 29lbs.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking forward to curves once I have the tires on. Once I have those I might put the PP suspension parts on which I bought 2 years ago. With those maybe I'll be more comfortable trying to get pass 0.70 lateral Gs.

Wheel and tire weight wise they will be close to my stock 18in wheels which are 55.2lbs (per what things weigh thread). According to LMR the 19x10 weigh 24lbs and the GMAX 275/40r19 weigh 29lbs.
Haha. I have those in my garage, too. Only for a few months, though. Hmm, looks like the wheel/tire weight combined isn't that much different. Feels like the suspension needs a little more control with the bigger tires, though. (From a bump standpoint, not handling.)

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Can anyone recommend exhaust tips for the stock gt mufflers? I like the sound of my current setup but I would like to dress up the exhaust tips. Strange request I know.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Anything from ebay that u like like really. Post some examples and then we can visualize your flair goals!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
And depends on if you want to cut up your bumper or not, I bought a set of quad tips for mine but don't have a dremel and just haven't gotten around to it. My exhaust shop doesn't want to do the cutting work.

Anything with a 2.5" inlet should work I think.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If you would get those new wheels and tires on, they will have more of a visual impact than exhaust tips. :crackup:

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Took my CJPony parts steering wheel and added a new leather cover. The cover isn't perfect and I am a noob at stitching but it turned out pretty good even if the marker is slightly crooked. The original was black leather with red marker. The new cover has black leather with yellow marker and orange stitching.
20190907_223530.jpg
Sponsored