Sponsored

2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
That part of the exhaust comes when you buy the whole cat back system. I actually looked around to just buy that part of the exhaust system and could never find it. Mine is the Mach XV system. They call it an axel back but that piping runs all the way to the mids. It's just a really cool muffler delete set of three inch pipes with the signature JPipes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I see. I knew there were more options for the GT but didn't realize there was one without the mid muffler. I have thought about trying the cat back.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I see. I knew there were more options for the GT but didn't realize there was one without the mid muffler. I have thought about trying the cat back.
The full catback is a nice sounding system.

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Pypes Street Touring Pro Axleback w/ custom H-Pipe. Last clip sounds a bit raspy because my friend's phone is messed up, but it sounds a lot deeper in person. Doing BBK Shorty Headers soon, how much will that change the tone of the exhaust?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Shorties will make it a little deeper and smoother. And it probably isn't just your friend's phone unless you've sat outside while they drove it for you. Yes, it might be deeper in person but most setups end up pretty raspy, especially as you go higher in the rev range. I know ctandc was pretty surprised when he heard his car from the outside compared to what he thought it sounded like!

Sponsored

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Shorties will make it a little deeper and smoother. And it probably isn't just your friend's phone unless you've sat outside while they drove it for you. Yes, it might be deeper in person but most setups end up pretty raspy, especially as you go higher in the rev range. I know ctandc was pretty surprised when he heard his car from the outside compared to what he thought it sounded like!
Also, is it just me, but does your exhaust sound different on different days? I don't know how to explain it but I can notice it has a certain tone on some days and a different one on another. Maybe weather/tempurature has something to do with it?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Also, is it just me, but does your exhaust sound different on different days? I don't know how to explain it but I can notice it has a certain tone on some days and a different one on another. Maybe weather/tempurature has something to do with it?
It definitely does! Anytime it starts to get colder you'll notice it, especially for a cold start.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Harmonics always are different from inside and outside the car. It almost never sounds as good from the outside. But if you enjoy the cabin orchestra then that's what matters.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the sound of the Roush cat backs on an otherwise stock car. Very pleasant at highway speeds, too. Windows down.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Stock GT catback, Steeda X-pipe, and Borla S-type for the GT. No headers or cold air intake.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I recently cut the cats on mine. 3in piping all the way to the x of the corsa extreme. I’ll share a video on here by tomorrow. I’m not sure how I feel about it but if that’s how it makes more power I’ll have to go with it.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Trying to revive a dead thread.
I went out to test an old gopro cam that's been unused for some time and recorded a Sunday drive around my area. Lockdown has increased the number of joggers on the street so I wasn't able to go all-out on my favorite roads. Gotta love that exhaust note nonetheless!