Flat tire on 2019

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
I got a flat. In a past i would just plug it.
But i can not find jack and wrench. Only inflator with a sealant but as far as i know sealant is not permanent but plug is.

Do i have to purchase jack and wrench? That sucks since there is plenty of space in the compartment.
You are mistaken. A plug is a temporary fix that many use as pernament. You will never find a reputable tire shop plugging tires. They will use patches with plugs in the patch. If you use the air pump to find the hole, then you can plug the hole. The goop will make a mess of the tire to be repaired.
Sponsored

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
That is why the first thing I did after I ordered my "18 was to order the spare tire kit. The only thing you get oem is the inflater/sealant kit. I had a chuck hole gash the sidewall and if I had just the inflator/sealant kit I would have had to call a tow.
So how do you deal with the off set of front and rear? Do you have performance package?

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Ditto that for the AA spare. I had a inner sidewall separation on LR tire on I-69 just north of Marshall (MI). Tire had less than 11k miles w/zero track time. Needless to say, all the goop in the world would not have fixed that bad boy. It took more time to download/upload stuff in the trunk than to change the tire. In full disclosure, I did have a DeWalt 3/4" impact ... don't leave home w/out it!!!
Yep, after torqueing one wheel on my Mustang I bought a nice impact wrench and it will go in the trunk whenever I take the car on a trip.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Ditto that for the AA spare. I had a inner sidewall separation on LR tire on I-69 just north of Marshall (MI). Tire had less than 11k miles w/zero track time. Needless to say, all the goop in the world would not have fixed that bad boy. It took more time to download/upload stuff in the trunk than to change the tire. In full disclosure, I did have a DeWalt 3/4" impact ... don't leave home w/out it!!!
I just ordered a DeWalt 1/2" 'XR' impact ... do you think it has enough torque (have a half-inch breaker bar if not)?

Sponsored

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I just ordered a DeWalt 1/2" 'XR' impact ... do you think it has enough torque (have a half-inch breaker bar if not)?
Mine is a DeWalt 20V so do not know how it stacks up to what you have. Since I've had mine for a few years now, I imagine that yours is a later, 'mo' bettah' impact. Either will provide enough torque to get you to somewhere that can verify the 150 ft/lb setting required on the S550 Mustang. And I also carry a 3' breaker bar. It doesn't take up any room in the trunk & certainly shortens the OA down time.

Last edited:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So how do you deal w/the offset of front & rear? Do you have performance package?

In my case, I have a PP2. However, front/rear fit is not an issue. It's just a spare to get you on the road to where a proper fix or replacement can be got.

Last edited:

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I took the 18" spare on a trip to Myrtle Beach last week. It was tight but it went in without removing the rear trunk trim panel.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Buy a plug kit and a small good air pump.

Won’t do anything for a gash but will work in 95% of situations.
I picked up a screw which I caught right before leaving on a hill country drive with some other enthusiasts. Luckily one of the older wiser drivers had a plug kit and showed me how to use it. With that an the battery powered air compressor we plugged it pretty quickly and saved the drive for me. Didn’t even need a jack. I’ll be ordering one off amazon shortly.

Later in that drive a Nissan Z blew through a corded rear tire. Completely destroyed tire and a massive gash. He should NOT have left the house with tires that bald. He was very lucky it didn’t blow out in a corner or that car would have been toast. His only option was a spare tire which luckily he had, but the tiny scissor jack was pretty sketch.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I picked up a screw which I caught right before leaving on a hill country drive with some other enthusiasts. Luckily one of the older wiser drivers had a plug kit and showed me how to use it. With that an the battery powered air compressor we plugged it pretty quickly and saved the drive for me. Didn’t even need a jack. I’ll be ordering one off amazon shortly.

Later in that drive a Nissan Z blew through a corded rear tire. Completely destroyed tire and a massive gash. He should NOT have left the house with tires that bald. He was very lucky it didn’t blow out in a corner or that car would have been toast. His only option was a spare tire which luckily he had, but the tiny scissor jack was pretty sketch.
I would go ahead and get it patched from the inside when you can. Plugs work great but I have had them let air get between the layers of tire after thousands of miles and make a lump. I have only had it happen once in numerous plugs but with the $$$ these tires are I have my tires plugged when I can.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I would go ahead and get it patched from the inside when you can. Plugs work great but I have had them let air get between the layers of tire after thousands of miles and make a lump. I have only had it happen once in numerous plugs but with the $$$ these tires are I have my tires plugged when I can.
Good advice, I was wondering about getting an inside patch for good measure

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey guys I thought about going to a u pick a part and getting a spare - but as you all know they don't have late models - so can everyone tell me the oldest year Mustang I can put on my '19 Ecoboost base?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Can you find a spare on eBay for a PP2?

Anyone have a link?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Guys, keep in mind the factory spare is very short and should not be used for a rear flat for very long at all with a limited slip diff. And yes, a full size tire does fit in the trunk but robs a few inches in height. I think it's worth it though.
Sponsored