Sponsored

Dealers Selling at MSRP ? ? ? ?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was told some dealers where taking orders at MSRP? What states are those in?
Sponsored

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
An MSRP deal might be very hard to find at this point. There are multiple stories about folks calling double digit dealers looking for an allocation that hasn’t been spoken for.

Your best bet would be to call rural dealers and hope they have not sold their allocation and then hope they will take MSRP. I found a dealer in rural Minnesota to sell me a base model at MSRP with my home town dealer asking 25-30k ADM.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
If you want one bad enough, my suggestion is starting calling until you find the deal you want.

Sponsored

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
Even the rural dealers are smelling the money. I was called back from a dealer in the poorest county in my state and they still initially wanted 15 k over for base. Of course I balked and they came back next day at 10. The problem with base ADM getting to high is many banks may not finance that amount bc the asset isn't worth it and insurance may not cover that note. My ? will be how many people can pony up a solid 10-15 K out of pocket for a base then come up with down payment. While the monthly cost doesn't (payment) change as much when note balance goes up 10-15k, those lumps sums may be difficult for many and may be the rate limiting factor with the base ADMs. Time will tell but I suspect as always patience will be rewarded.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Even the rural dealers are smelling the money. I was called back from a dealer in the poorest county in my state and they still initially wanted 15 k over for base. Of course I balked and they came back next day at 10. The problem with base ADM getting to high is many banks may not finance that amount bc the asset isn't worth it and insurance may not cover that note. My ? will be how many people can pony up a solid 10-15 K out of pocket for a base then come up with down payment. While the monthly cost doesn't (payment) change as much when note balance goes up 10-15k, those lumps sums may be difficult for many and may be the rate limiting factor with the base ADMs. Time will tell but I suspect as always patience will be rewarded.
I would think that most of us willing to pay 10k ADM are writing a check for it anyways so the bank note is not really relevant. I for one think that buying a toy like this is something you just pay for not borrow for. My opinion anyways

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Most banks will do 120% of cars value BTW

I agree, ADM ( if applicable)+ Taxes+down payment at a minimum

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
I would think that most of us willing to pay 10k ADM are writing a check for it anyways so the bank note is not really relevant. I for one think that buying a toy like this is something you just pay for not borrow for. My opinion anyways
I agree, however my point wasn't about what people are willing to do, it was what is within their means to do. i.e. there are not likely 5000 people out there who love mustangs enough to pony up a large chunk out of pocket. Then when you get to this price point, those that can afford toys this level, often want different toys (porshes, audis etc). Therefore, the ADMS could be difficult for a lot of people (mustang has traditionally been a blue collar muscle car) and financing is their only option. And if you can just "pay for your own toy out of pocket" then you can afford whatever ADM right?. To each his or her own. On My GT350R I have a 2.4% interest rate, my investment return on that extra money I could have used to pay for it out of pocket is around 7-8% since the vehicle was purchased. So, each person is free to choose whatever financial path they feel is in their own best interest. No right or wrong, just different opinions. To me Cash locked up in a depreciating asset vs accessible cash appreciating is the better option......Just my opinion as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
for one think that buying a toy like this is something you just pay for not borrow for. My opinion anyways
I’d say either scenario you will loose ..for the neAr future...minimum.
There is always something better down the pike.
If the car speaks to you buy/finance/lease your dream machine

Carnut12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby
Be patient, a significant amount of folks are switching to the C8 and I’m sure the ADM’s is one of the reasons, demand for this will slow quickly in my opinion. ADM’s kills Ford every time, their dealers are the worst.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Be patient, a significant amount of folks are switching to the C8 and I’m sure the ADM’s is one of the reasons, demand for this will slow quickly in my opinion. ADM’s kills Ford every time, their dealers are the worst.
Agreed that the C8 is causing a great amount of buzz. However, I don’t think a single person who found a dealer that was guaranteed an allocation, specked and ordered a GT500 and received a DORA (even without a VIN) actually cancelled that order because of the C8 announcement. If you are the type of enthusiast who buys a GT500, you knew the C8 ME was coming out, no big surprise. Maybe the price was a little surprise, but after the Z51 package and the upgrade options that would match the STANDARD features of the GT500, the prices will be even.

There may have been some people “on the fence”, but at this point, the decision has essentially been made for them. So they are posturing about “switching to a C8” because they think they will be saving money (which they won’t), or because their local dealer didn’t save an allocation for them.

I completely agree with you though, ADMs really kill the entire buying experience.
Sponsored