Sponsored

Stripe Source

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Anyone got any great ideas? I know they're expensive. I need the two sections for the rear bumper. They're just north of $100 each (there's two section on there) from White Bear Lake. I know there's no use shopping at the local dealer as it'll be much more than that. Just checking to make sure I'm not missing another source. Thanks guys.
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
big worm will only work if you replace all stripes so they match. You can only get the stripes that match the car from Ford sadly.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
big worm will only work if you replace all stripes so they match. You can only get the stripes that match the car from Ford sadly.
I had no idea. Thanks for clarifying that.

Fpetro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350 Saleen S 281
Factory stripes are one piece, I believe those the outline is separate.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to have those replaced under warranty (thank goodness) when my rear fascia was repainted due to defect on my 2016 GT 350 I had new. And yes they are two individual stripes and if you have to buy them expensive. FYI if you do be sure who ever puts them on knows what they're doing. My dealership had there body shop put mine on and the top one had small bumps from lint that got under it. I made them put another top on on and also made them take car to a graphics shop here in town that puts decals all sizes on vehicles for replacement, advertisement etc. I was told I could wait for car. 45 minutes later they had taken the top piece off and put another new one on and it was absolutely perfect.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'll be installing myself...just didn't know if there was any better source than White Bear Lake. Yea, I knew about the color difference too, and no, I'm not replacing everything. Thanks guys.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Yes, for oem parts I've always gone to Autonation @ White Bear Lake. Mike is the guy!

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
You gotta have a local custom vinyl shop around St. Louis, Check with them first.
My guys here would do a perfect match with better materials at a fraction of the cost.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You gotta have a local custom vinyl shop around St. Louis, Check with them first.
My guys here would do a perfect match with better materials at a fraction of the cost.

That’s a great idea. I have no logical reason why I didn’t think of that. Thanks Dave. Could “your guys” do it not being local? I don’t need installation, just the stripes. If they can match the color, they’d just need a template for the two rear bumper pieces. Any contact info?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Anyone got any great ideas? I know they're expensive. I need the two sections for the rear bumper. They're just north of $100 each (there's two section on there) from White Bear Lake. I know there's no use shopping at the local dealer as it'll be much more than that. Just checking to make sure I'm not missing another source. Thanks guys.
Jon, you were a great help to me when I bought JR357. How about I split the cost of the stripes with you and you can keep it OEM. Let me know how much.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
galaxy its been to long to remember for sure but if you can/do find someone that can match the stripes be sure they measure both stripes exact width and length and how much is painted and how much stripe cause one is actually a little either different width or the edge striping is set in a bit more than the other. Its a cool thing they did so that a distance the stripe lines look exactly the same width. The fronts the same way. My graphics shop pointed it out to me or I would never known. Personally I'd just buy the factory replacement ones even though pricey and go on my way.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Jon, you were a great help to me when I bought JR357. How about I split the cost of the stripes with you and you can keep it OEM. Let me know how much.
Not a chance my brotha!! LOL! ;)

galaxy its been to long to remember for sure but if you can/do find someone that can match the stripes be sure they measure both stripes exact width and length and how much is painted and how much stripe cause one is actually a little either different width or the edge striping is set in a bit more than the other. Its a cool thing they did so that a distance the stripe lines look exactly the same width. The fronts the same way. My graphics shop pointed it out to me or I would never known. Personally I'd just buy the factory replacement ones even though pricey and go on my way.
DUDE...I did not know that. Going outside to check it out right now. That is both pretty darn cool and sucks at the same time. If true, I'd imagine two completely straight stripes will stick out like a sore thumb.

I mean, yea the factory stripes are expensive for what you're buying, but the two bumper sections are not going to force me to eat cat food for the next two weeks, hahahahahahah! I've got time to shop it around. But I'm still glad I started this thread; learned something and some great ideas.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Doing anything less than OEM replacement stripes would not be right on a car like yours. You pay huge attention to detail and non OEM partial stripes would not be right. Besides, I had a recent promotion and a pay raise. I would like to help.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
That’s a great idea. I have no logical reason why I didn’t think of that. Thanks Dave. Could “your guys” do it not being local? I don’t need installation, just the stripes. If they can match the color, they’d just need a template for the two rear bumper pieces. Any contact info?
@galaxy try giving the guys at Vinyl Images in Fenton a ring. Bet they could do it.
Sponsored