2015 GT Custom Twin Turbo Kit Under 4k

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
My biggest gripe about the hellion kit is how close the wastegates are to the down pipes but over all it is working great. What oil return setup are you going with?

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My biggest gripe about the hellion kit is how close the wastegates are to the down pipes but over all it is working great. What oil return setup are you going with?
I'm using an electric scavenger pump with check valves, going to return the only to either the filler neck or oil cap.

que?

Sponsored

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sub’d

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
sweet... Being a fabricator saves a lot of money!
It does.

More importantly for me though, i enjoy the process!

Im having fun driving the car now that mine is done (im sure OP will too), but i miss the fab process and will probably look for another big project sooner rather than later.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
I'm using an electric scavenger pump with check valves, going to return the only to either the filler neck or oil cap.

que?
Just following the build!

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Great looking Magnetic Mustang that you've got there! The stance is just right!

I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

Sponsored
OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It does.

More importantly for me though, i enjoy the process!

Im having fun driving the car now that mine is done (im sure OP will too), but i miss the fab process and will probably look for another big project sooner rather than later.
Absolutely, there's ups and downs but when its all done it just feels so good.

Great looking Magnetic Mustang that you've got there! The stance is just right!

I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!
Ty sir

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got some time to make a little more progress on the car today. This was my original deadline but I realized that is NOT happening so I am just taking my time now. For starters I didn't like where the passenger side turbo sat. It was in a great location being FAR from the ground but that pushed it to close to the frame under the wheel well. So close... That I wouldn't even be able to put a filter on it, see pics below for reference.

full.jpg

Pic of drivers side for reference

full.jpg

I really considered just getting a "Turbo Guard" and letting it go but then I started thinking what if water makes its way in or even debris that the turbo guard cant catch. With that the only logical solution was to make a short adapter to bring the turbo lower and keep it away from the frame so I could put an air filter on it. I refused to take the manifold off and reweld the flange, lol. So this short adapter was made, vband of course since I'm in love with those.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Unfortunately, this did bring the turbo closer to the ground and it is just SLIGHTLY below the frame rail now but I don't think it will be an issue. Maybe some of the Hellion or On3 guys can chime in and let me know are their turbos below the frame rails at any point? Anyway now both turbos have plenty of space all around and I didn't have to move anything else.

Next step was to work on the IC and piping. the IC i bought had mounting tabs on each side so it was very easy to mount. I just put nuts onto the bolts that hold on the front bumper support (I think that's what you call it) and bent some steel to use as brackets. Took me about all of 10 minutes super simple.

full.jpg

For the piping, the original plan was to mock it up and weld the aluminum together so it was just one piece for each side, however, everything was fitting so nicely I just decided to cut my bends and use silicone couplers. With 7-8 psi of boost I don't see this being any type of issue of couplers poping off. If I ever decide to turn the car up then I can easily go back and weld all of the joints and get rid of the silicone.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I have no idea if the bumper will even fit past the piping the way it sits now I didn't try to stick it on yet. It looks like its going to be really close but if so I can easily modify and move it to clear. Also, it wont be hanging quite so low its all just loosely together since I knew I would be taking it all off again. Next step is the downpipes then I will be on the home stretch with this project!

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Bumper wont be a problem but your bottom splash guard definitely will. Nice work and progress!

I really dont like how all these TT kits (hellion included) run the charge pipes below the suspension. Just seems like there has to be a better way.

My system merges both turbos into 1 3" pipe and it runs up into the engine bay passing by the AC compressor and frame rail. IT IS A TIGHT ASS FIT and i dont like that either, but i guess i prefer it to pipes going below the suspension.

We all make compromises i guess, but you are doing a great job. Well done!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg