Sponsored

ZL1 bolt on lift pads

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
But didn't you mention you had a quick lift?
Now I do, but for good two years I was just using a jack - and still am out changing wheels outside my garage. And just to be clear - rails can be useful, but certainly aren't necessary as the manufacturers that make them portray them to be (OMG, you'll destroy your pinch welds if you don't buy this). They also add (little) weight and in some instances (autocross for example) aren't allowed in some classes.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Now I do, but for good two years I was just using a jack - and still am out changing wheels outside my garage. And just to be clear - rails can be useful, but certainly aren't necessary as the manufacturers that make them portray them to be (OMG, you'll destroy your pinch welds if you don't buy this). They also add (little) weight and in some instances (autocross for example) aren't allowed in some classes.
I agree they aren't necessary. But let's be honest, anyone posting here regularly likely has a very different definition of "necessary" :D

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Anyone know if these work with the ZL1 splitters? Im debating getting the jacking rails from steeda or bmr, or these pads.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1863968#post1863968

Another thread on this topic. I have really grown to like the jacking pads. I've had them on my car ever since my write up.

I lift the whole side of the car with the front pad. Set a jack stand under the front sub-frame and set the rear jack stand on the rear pad. Then same on the other side. Quicker every time.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1863968#post1863968

Another thread on this topic. I have really grown to like the jacking pads. I've had them on my car ever since my write up.

I lift the whole side of the car with the front pad. Set a jack stand under the front sub-frame and set the rear jack stand on the rear pad. Then same on the other side. Quicker every time.
Your review doesnt give me the warm and fuzzies lol. Pads constantly coming loose...

Sponsored

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your review doesnt give me the warm and fuzzies lol. Pads constantly coming loose...
That's because I wasn't too sure when I wrote that. 13 months later and I don't give them a second thought. I have never had to tighten them, nor do I worry they'll fall off. I've probably lifted my car 20 or more times using them.

DroptopGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 vert GT
So do you still like these to use with your quick jacks? Just got a quick jack and looking at these or for of the jacking pads.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So do you still like these to use with your quick jacks? Just got a quick jack and looking at these or for of the jacking pads.
I use them all the time and they're working great.

I don't have a Quick Jack, but I use with my floor jack and jack stands. I raise the whole side of the car with the floor jack placed on the front lift pad, I place a jack stand under the rear lift pad and the front jack stand under the cradle. Then I repeat on the other side. The whole car is up on jack stands within minutes. I've done this too many times to count and it works perfectly.

IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG

DroptopGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 vert GT
I use them all the time and they're working great.

I don't have a Quick Jack, but I use with my floor jack and jack stands. I raise the whole side of the car with the floor jack placed on the front lift pad, I place a jack stand under the rear lift pad and the front jack stand under the cradle. Then I repeat on the other side. The whole car is up on jack stands within minutes. I've done this too many times to count and it works perfectly.

IMG_1860.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG
I guess what I’m getting after is I’m adding on the RTR side SPLITTERS and want to know if their low enough to to still jack up without damaging them.
Sponsored