Not open for further replies.

rag11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
The unmentioned interesting thing is in 2014 the gt350 unveil rocked the auto world. It literally sparked the muscle car revival which spawned the hellcat, demon, ZL1 1LE to be pumped full of money in order to compete. Now Chevy gets to be the one to spawn change, but the difference is, 30 yrs down the road you guys tell me which car is going to be worth more? The ones with a limited run, which was revolutionary, a true enthusiast's car with a completely bespoke and special engine, and the Shelby name, or a car that just competes with already done euro concepts (theres nothing really new or revolutionary other than the price) and is readily available to the masses? Funny how people say this shits on the GT350 like it means anything....took them 5 years *golf clap*
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm amazed after all that's gone on in this thread I was sure I was going to get roasted for my last post but I see maturity has finally prevailed.
Why? Corvette is the perfect car for a lady. maturity is overrated

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
The GT350 has had a long life for only getting minor changes since its release.

If you compare the desirability of the GT350 with the first model year being 2015 to the Camaro Z/28 from 2014 you will see that the GT350 was and still is extremely successful. I remember even two or three years ago there were huge discounts off the Z/28 and many GT350s are still going for MSRP even now.

Ford will have no problem selling all the 2019 and 2020 GT350s. The GT350 has so much more than just an engine and transmission over the GT PP2.
Yeah...like...a little snake badge

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Because its all about MONEY. Without MONEY you are not buying these toys and having fun. If they are priced similar to each other it doesn't matter if they are in a different class or league. Due to the price point, these cars become comparable. You can argue that one has a back seat but not really usable for adults and even tight for kids. Vette also has two trunks with enough storage space. The motor is a beast but alone is nothing if the car is heavy, no fast shifting auto and not fast enough. What is the point of that engine you tell everyone? Making noise? Revving to pass 8000 rpm? Or to make the car actually go fast in a straight line and around a corner? People buy these cars and compare pricing and performance. There will always be die hard brand loyal and enthusiasts who will still go for one over another. For them money is not an issue or the performance per dollar value. But those people are also not even in the 1% of the actual buyers out there. Now you have an idea of what we are dealing with.
You can say what you want, the FACT is, the mustang competes with the Crapmaro and tugboat challenger. I don't get why that's hard to understand. :lipssealed:

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
The unmentioned interesting thing is in 2014 the gt350 unveil rocked the auto world. It literally sparked the muscle car revival which spawned the hellcat, demon, ZL1 1LE to be pumped full of money in order to compete. Now Chevy gets to be the one to spawn change, but the difference is, 30 yrs down the road you guys tell me which car is going to be worth more? The ones with a limited run, which was revolutionary, a true enthusiast's car with a completely bespoke and special engine, and the Shelby name, or a car that just competes with already done euro concepts (theres nothing really new or revolutionary other than the price) and is readily available to the masses? Funny how people say this shits on the GT350 like it means anything....took them 5 years *golf clap*
I agree with this statement :like:

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
What's new or revolutionary about a GT 350? fpc has been done before, and much better.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
You can say what you want, the FACT is, the mustang competes with the Crapmaro and tugboat challenger. I don't get why that's hard to understand. :lipssealed:
Show me the FACT. You must be either too young to consider the reality or being childish not to loose an argument since you drive a GT350.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
What's new or revolutionary about a GT 350? fpc has been done before, and much better.
FPC has never been done in a car in the price range of the GT350 it's always been in 100+G cars. As far as being done better not in really.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
FPC has never been done in a car in the price range of the GT350 it's always been in 100+G cars. As far as being done better not in really.
Absolutely correct. Sorta like mid-engine not being done in performance cars under $100k <did I say that out loud?>

And, yes, I had a Fiero. Two actually.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
And, yes, I had a Fiero. Two actually.
Fiero is another example of a car that was done on the cheep and paid for it. Don't faint I believe the Fiero could have been a winner if it had been done correctly.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It seemed to me that GM canceled the Fiero just about the time they corrected most of the issues. I kinda-sorta owned a Fiero - back in the '80s, the woman I was living with and I needed an additional car, and that's what she wanted, and we bought it as sort of a mutual purchase.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I remember really wanting a Fiero at one time. I sat in one at an auto show and was surprised by how comfortable the seats were. I remember reading about the Fiero that was a pace car for the Indy 500 with the scoop above the roof and thinking how cool it sounded.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
It seemed to me that GM canceled the Fiero just about the time they corrected most of the issues. I kinda-sorta owned a Fiero - back in the '80s, the woman I was living with and I needed an additional car, and that's what she wanted, and we bought it as sort of a mutual purchase.
I had an '88, with a Quad 4 swap. Yeah, the Quad 4 had a bad rap but it was a 180hp DOHC 4 banger in the 90's. Full poly bushings in the suspension, lowered.. it was a fun car. Miss that thing, but it was rear ended while parked on the street. Got it fixed but it just never drove the same. I owned an 86 GT before that, and the 88 handled and braked so much better. The 89 and 90 prototypes with the 3.4 DOHC would have been awesome.

fiero_side.JPG

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
You are so right. I had an ‘84, when they first came out. Even though it was way underpowered, it tried to kill me. But still I got an ‘88 with a V6 and it was awesome.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.